Super Contributor
On 3/30/2015 BellaCarro said:
On 3/30/2015 Crisso said:
On 3/30/2015 BellaCarro said: Keep the unopened bottles in the frig. It won't hurt any of the ingredients. A freeze/thaw test is one that a new formula typically goes through anyway to see if the emulsification and preservation systems measure up.

Good to know. Many vendors recommend not to. I never understood that.

I guess there are items that shouldn't be for some reason but I can't think of any oil in water formulas. But, just watch, tomorrow I'll read some article and eat my words. But, really, many DIY formulators keep their oils and butters in the freezer. Water only products wouldn't work since water forms crystals, but even that is in a freezer rather than frig. I've been keeping hyaluronic acid serum and a carbomer concoction in the frig since I didn't want to add preservative yet. They're fine.

That was my take on it - freezer vs fridge. I eat my words all the time, but I give it my best shot! Cool I so appreciate your knowledge, Bella!

Honored Contributor

Regarding the shelf life issue, I use many Paula's Choice products. With the exception of sunscreens and Vit C serum, they assure a three-year shelf life unopened and a 12-month shelf life once opened.

It's very helpful to know when I'm considering stocking up during good sales.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland