Regular Contributor

I apologize ahead of time—I know this thread comes up a lot. What lipstick

do you think is the most long wearing?  My son is getting married Aug.24 & 

I really haven’t found one that stays on 😕Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Covergirl Outlast. My dentist was amazed when I couldn’t wipe it off before my cleaning. It was still on after the cleaning and for most of the day. I also find Lipstick Queen lipsticks to be long lasting.

Regular Contributor

I agree with Cover Girl Outlast. It stays on but is not drying.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lipstick question?

[ Edited ]

@Patz822  I have tried so many but the one I like the best is Maybelline's Superstay 24 Hour Color.  I put one coat on then spread it with my fingers, let it dry then put another on.  If I don't spread it with my fingers then it clumps and dries my lips.  It has a waxy lip product on the other end which I rarely use because then the color does not last as long.  Revlon and Cover Girl also have something similar.  There are also many lipstains if you want a darker or brighter color.   When using any of these types of long wearing ones I would also suggest exfolliating your lips many times in the weeks prior to the wedding.

Honored Contributor

I'm consistenly going for my Belle Kisser Fixer 3 pc sets (liner, liquid lipstick, lip gloss) these days.  To extend the wear time, after outlining the lips, fill in the lip area with the liner before applying the lipstick and gloss.

Respected Contributor

I use Clinique Color Pop lipsticks.  They are long wearing but some of the darker colors are dyring.  I just swipe a bit of Burt's Bees lip balm on and apply over it and it helps with the dryness.

Respected Contributor

Malley Classic Color lipstick sold at Kohls.  I stock up when they are on sale.  The darker shades are better in my opinion.  I like the Chic Crimson and the Fuschia.

Honored Contributor

lipsense

pretty colors, nice glosses to keep your lips moist.

i have fallen asleep with it on and it definitely remains on your lips.

i am now a "collector."

love mixing the colors also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

For the price.......you can't beat REVLON

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Re: Lipstick question?

[ Edited ]

I agree with @sunshine45 , LipSense is the only lip color that lasts on me more than an hour or so.  I heard about LipSense from YouTube and studied the application method there.  The first time I wore it, after following directions and applying 3 coats of color and then the gloss, I went to a family gathering that started at 4 pm.  I was there for 4 hours, eating and drinking, and only refreshed it once by applying a coat of gloss.  I woke up with the color still on my lips!!  That has never happened in the 55 years I have been wearing lipstick.!  I started with 2 coral colors and 1 Glososy Gloss, which I ordered from Amazon, and have since added 1 red-brown color for fall, 2 Glossy Glosses and 2 Oops, which is the "remover/fixer".   I ordered all from Amazon.  

You do need to experiment with it a little bit before your event.  You don't need to use a lip liner.  My lips are very prone to dryness and LipSense is a little drying on me, but not as much as any of the brands I bought previously.  I only wear it on occasions when I know keeping lip color on will be an issue, such as when eating or drinking, or extreme shopping  Smiley Very Happy.  I often wear just 2 coats of color with the gloss on top but 3 coats of color works best. I learned that it is easily removable with coconut oil.  I found a cleanser that has a coconut oil base that works for me.