Honored Contributor

Why in the world do our QVC cosmetic supplier sell sets of several lipsticks in basically the same color?  I'm watching Laura Geller and she has a set of four, I don't see any difference or if there is, it's very slight. Why would I need 4 lipsticks in the same color?  This morning there were 3 in another brand.  I once got 4 or 5 Doris Dalton that were basically the same color.

I don't have the interest in, use or storge for identical or even close shades.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I made the mistake of purchasing a lipstick set of three from MAC.  When they were shown on television they looked like three different colors but when I got them they all looked the same.  The colors were awful.  They were a muddy color of brown, beige and plum.  I kept them because I didn't want to go to the trouble of returning them.  I learned my lesson, though, and I will never buy a MAC set of lipsticks from QVC.

Honored Contributor

There is this BeautyIQ Steal from MAC. Wonder if they all will look the same??

https://www.qvc.com/MAC-Cosmetics-Special-Edition-6-Piece-Blooming-Lip-Wardrobe.product.A468873.html...

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan 

I made the same mistake on the MAC. I'm giving the set away as a Christmas present

Respected Contributor

The following are the names of the lipsticks I received from MAC:

• 0.1-oz MAC Amplified Lipstick in Spirit
  • 0.1-oz MAC Amplified Lipstick in Twig
  • 0.1-oz MAC Amplified Lipstick in Paramount
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    My guess would be, when applied they'd all look about the same.  Any difference would be insignificant.  I think they use these colors because most people can wear them and they're neutral.  They are the same shades as the Dalton set I bought 11+ years ago.  Remember her coffee flavors?  Has nothing changed in the ensuing years?

If they want me to buy, I need a bright like a clear red, a pink and a coral and I don't want them washed out.

Respected Contributor

These must be the one you are talking about. I agree, not enough difference in color.

https://www.qvc.com/Laura-Geller-Jelly-Balm-4-Piece-Collection.product.A553359.html?sc=IROA

Honored Contributor
Spoiler

@Iwantcoffee    Yes, I believe those are the ones.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee My skin is quite fair. The center lipstick is closest to the shade I typically wear. The one on the left I possibly could use. The one on the right is much darker than I would select.

I would think compiling these lipstick sets would be difficult considering the range of skin tones that customers would have. Secondly, adding personal favorites would make it more challenging. I would never wear a bright color red, pink, or otherwise. I do not envy those trying to appeal to all of us.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lipstick Sets

[ Edited ]

I am waiting to see if Clinque comes out with a Holiday Lipstick Set. I got last years offering for a number of gifts and liked it so much i kept one for myself. Been well used all year, hope there is a 2022 version!

Update: I found a great Clinique Holiday Lip Set via Macy's. 25 Bucks , great and varied colors.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield