Honored Contributor
I wouldn't wear any of those Laura Geller lipsticks. Why is everything so muddy and brown? Personally I'd rather look alive and bright.
Honored Contributor

I ordered a set of mini Mac lipsticks a few days ago.  Seemed like a good price for three minis $25.00.  I haven't gotten them yet and the colors are:

• 0.05-oz Matte Lipstick in Chili, a brownish orange-red shade
  • 0.05-oz Amplified Lipstick in Dubonnet, a mid-tone wine shade
  • 0.05-oz Lustreglass in PDA, a bricky red shade

Fingers crossed that they look nice in person!

Trusted Contributor

@Jacie  I just saw the Clinique set in an email from Macy's. I'll probably buy a few sets as gifts and one for me. I loved the last one I bought. There was only one color in that set I couldn't wear, so I gave it away.❤️

Trusted Contributor

@lgfan @I don't know Spirit but Paramount is one of my favorite colors, and I like Twig too. Mac's Satin formula is the best!

Honored Contributor

Well, I like the Laura Geller Jelly Balms set. I bought two 3 pc. sets earlier this year.  They are made with squalane so they keep the lips moisturized while adding a little color.  The colors within the new 4 pc. set appear different to me, so each would be suitable to different situations/OOTD.  I actually have the new set saved and thinking about ordering. 

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I am waiting to see if Clinque comes out with a Holiday Lipstick Set. I got last years offering for a number of gifts and liked it so much i kept one for myself. Been well used all year, hope there is a 2022 version!

Update: I found a great Clinique Holiday Lip Set via Macy's. 25 Bucks , great and varied colors.

@Jacie   I saw they had 2 sets,  one with 4 and one with 5 lipsticks.   Which one did you buy?   The color samples on the arms were not that accurate.  I have the Angel Red and the color is a lot prettier than it looks on the arms.   I hope you enjoy. 

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I am waiting to see if Clinque comes out with a Holiday Lipstick Set. I got last years offering for a number of gifts and liked it so much i kept one for myself. Been well used all year, hope there is a 2022 version!

Update: I found a great Clinique Holiday Lip Set via Macy's. 25 Bucks , great and varied colors.

@Jacie   I saw they had 2 sets,  one with 4 and one with 5 lipsticks.   Which one did you buy?   The color samples on the arms were not that accurate.  I have the Angel Red and the color is a lot prettier than it looks on the arms.   I hope you enjoy. 

@nyc1 I got the one with 4 because the set with 5 looks so similar to last years Holiday set and I own and gave the Pop Set as gifts last year.  The one with 4 is a different formula that I'd like to try.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee   @Kachina624   I totally agree about the LG set. There are also cool and warm tones in the set, if photo is accurate. Women are usually one or the other. I know I have to stay in the pink or neutral shades...not peachy nudes.

Respected Contributor

@Jacie   The one with 4 is actually the one I preferred,  looking at the colors featured.  I hope you enjoy them and that you can use them all.  Remember,  if there is a color you like but it's too dark or deep,  you can always dot it on your lips and spread out with a lip balm to make more sheer.  Have fun.

Trusted Contributor

I so need a new lipstick pallette - I have worn the same color for too many years. I thought Givenchy black lipstick was the answer....nope glorified lip balm no color. i have more olive skin so some shades do not show. UGH