Esteemed Contributor

Received my concealer and Ordinary product

The It concealer is thick, as I had known it would be. It brightens the undereye area, and I tried it with both setting powder and color corrector, though not at the same time. The application looks better under my right eye than my left, so it will take a few times to get the exact amount I want. The product seems good, but it takes a kind of learning curve (for me) to use something this thick. I got the mini size just in case it wouldn't work. 

I did a patch test for the Ordinary lactic acid with no problem, and applied it last night after cleansing my face. There are no noticeable results this early, and I plan on using it once or twice a week, then slowly adding as my skin adapts. 

I don't regret buying either product, as I like trying new things. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: Received my concealer and Ordinary product

@teganslaw   How can it be attractive if the product is so thick.  I use a concealer that is Medium coverage and it spreads easily and covers.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like that Ordinary LA. I've been using the 10% for a couple of weeks now and my skin feels wonderful. Sometimes I mix a few drops into my moisturizer and apply it that way. Other times I use it straight or add a drop or two of green tea extract. Very versatile stuff. 

ETA-

For many years I have used glycolic acid lotion on my face often. But recently I think my skin has gotten sensitive and the GA seems to exacerbate the redness I have. So now I'm using the LA more often than GA b/c of that reason.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@teganslaw   How can it be attractive if the product is so thick.  I use a concealer that is Medium coverage and it spreads easily and covers.

It could be attractive if one uses a tiny amount, and is easier to spread that way. I'm working on getting the exact amount I like. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I used that concealer for years. I still have it but don't ever reach for it. Just the tiniest amount is all that is most likely needed. hold it between your fingers for a few seconds to warm it up. I feel like "concealer technology" has improved since that product came out.
Honored Contributor

I found out I've been using lactic acid for probably a year if not longer. It is one of the prominent ingredients in the Kiehls milky toner I've been using.
Honored Contributor

What is the name of the concealer @teganslaw ?