Honored Contributor

Let's Play a Game. Show Me Your Roots

[ Edited ]

Do you dare?  I'll start.  I have pics of my hair wet, dry, and with root touch-up SPRAY I used yesterday since I had a Dr. appt.  Both wet and dry were taken today.  the root touch-up pic was taken yesterday.

Wet Hair.jpg

Dry Hair.jpg

Root Touchup.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's Play a Game. Show Me Your Roots

@Icegoddess :  You did a nice job; do you usually color your own hair?

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@patbz that was a spray-on root touch up product, but yes, I normally color my own hair.  I just didn't want to waste my time and color when the only places I was going was the grocery/pharmacy or Lowes.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess When the salons open up again, you might want to consider having your hair "foiled" with two colors, your low light (the auburn) and your high value.  Tell her you don't want a choppy look, but well feathered.  That way, when you have out growth, it isn't obvious at all.  Quite a lot of ladies who do this are on a 3 or 4 month rotation.

Highlights are also softer on our face.

Highlights and lowlights for red hair - Star Styles | StylesStar.Com ®

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I do my own color, but I don't have the dexterity to do foils or highlights, especially on myself.  Plus, there's the issue of $$$.  I use pro color.  My hairdresser and a partner own a Redken school and she once talked me into going there and getting color and highlights which I loved.  Howerver, when I returned for a touch-up the girl that did them was no longer there and they could't find my formulation.  I ended up with waaaay to dark hair and once that happens there's nothing to be done with it.  Color will not lighten color.  They never were able to get it the color I liked after waiting for it to fade out and then trying again, so I used a color remover and started over with my own formulation.  

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Icegoddess 

@patbz 

I agree.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That root touch up really works well for you and I love the color of your hair.  That's great that you can do it yourself.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess
The color of your hair is beautiful. I doubt a professional could do anything to enhance it.

I love your gorgeous green eyes too.🤩

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   I've always wanted to be a redhead. Think w/ fair skin and and green eyes, red hair is a natural. 

Respected Contributor

You look beautiful!  So far, even though I have purchased hair root touch up color I haven't taken the plunge yet.  I usually get my short hair highlighted at the salon and I don't have too much gray so I am "riding it out!"  Again, thank you for sharing - you look beautiful!