Trusted Contributor

Re: Let's Play a Game. Show Me Your Roots

This is me few minutes ago

IMG_0594.jpeg

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

52ED916C-03EC-41EE-A4A4-1445D9AE6281.jpeg

HERE’S MINE.......LOL 😱😂😂

@Naturesbeauty Actually, those roots are way neat!!!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Your hair looks great! I need some fresh highlights, but I don't have much gray so I can last a little longer!

Respected Contributor

I am 70 and thought for sure that I would see lots of gray poking through my highlighted hair. To my surprise it is just drab brown. That shocked the heck out of me!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am almost 61 year old, have dark brunette hair and have never ever colored my hair.  I have a few stray grays mixed in but you can't really see them and my roots are the exact same color as my hair.  Odd since both my mother and my grandmother (her mom) were both totally gray at age 19!  They both have been coloring their hair since.  I guess I got good genes from somewhere down the family tree!  

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab   Do you take a lot of Vitamin B6 and or  B12?  There is scientific proof that it will keep you from going gray and even reverse gray hair back to the color of your youth.

I had a neighbor who had Bells Palsy and was taking a large amount of B complex. She had very little gray. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@LuvmyLab   Do you take a lot of Vitamin B6 and or  B12?  There is scientific proof that it will keep you from going gray and even reverse gray hair back to the color of your youth.

I had a neighbor who had Bells Palsy and was taking a large amount of B complex. She had very little gray. 

@Carmie 

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it's a matter of heredity.  I'm 71 and my hair is still a drab light brown, just like my mom before me and her dad, my grandfather.  I don't take any B vitamins.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I just participated in a Zoom webinar earlier this evening. Saw quite a few gray roots.

I'm getting really shaggy.

We're all in the same boat!

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie   Hi!  No, I don't take those  specific vitamins as supplements, I'm sure they are probably in my daily vitamin but I don't take extra.  I think I'm just lucky. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  Your hair looks GORGEOUS. Smiley Happy

I stopped coloring my hair 2 years ago. I only have some gray around my face, the rest is still brown. I've been patiently waiting to get the salt and pepper look but it's taking forever. Smiley Frustrated