Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

Born and raised in The Bronx!  Moved to Rockland County in 1987 and moved to Tampa area in 1997.  Go Bucs!

Serious LG Ethereal Rose question here --

Got it today.  The box says it's a blush which is why I bought it, but there's no real color to it.  It looks pretty, but there's zero color when I brush it on my cheeks.  Is this really more of an all-over product you sweep on your face?  Help!

I always used it as a blush.  I am light to medium skin tone with cool undertones.  My waitlist order should be here Monday or Tuesday so will try it once I get it.

@JudyL   Glad to hear you have good luck with it.  I returned mine today.  It just looked like shimmer with zero color on me.  I'm medium skin tone with who-knows-what undertones!!!  Love LG stuff otherwise.

@BarbiHollywood - IMO you made the right decision. I have a lot of Laura's Blush & Brightens. DD is very fair and cool complected. It looks great on her. I'm light and warm complected; it didn't look great on me - just looked like a very light glow. 

I cleaned out the blushes when LG left Ulta! I figured if it didn't look good on me it would look great on DD! And vice versa. 

The ones that look good on me are Pink Grapefruit, Peach Berry, and Tropic Hues.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@KittyPurry wrote:
OMG, My Mother was also a makeup junkie! And she also wore Revlon "Cherries In The Snow" lipstick. It was my Dad's favorite color on her he always said she's was beautiful when she wore it! Her foundation of choice was Merle Norman Powder Base and still is today! I'm a 3rd generation MN wearer! Fabulous products! Small world! 

@KittyPurry - One of my best friends in college was like you! Her mom wore MN, so she did too! She had the most beautiful skin. We used to play with her makeup in the dorm, but she never wanted to try ours. She was loyal!

I never tried it, but around here we had a "tradition" of sorts. There was one young girl who worked at the local MN studio. She was talented and had a good reputation as a makeup artist. So when the girls were in middle school or so, we took them to her. Some even had birthday parties there. That was slowing down some when it was DD's "time." So we made an appointment with her, I told her to go lightly, and she did an amazing job. I bought most of what she used on DD. She wore it for a while, but Ulta was a strong pull, and shortly after, she discovered MAC!

I assume your daughter wears MN too? Three generations is really something! 

The local studio here closed about 5 years ago. The owner retired. The girl that everyone went to married in her late 20's and left shortly after. One of my friends took her daughter up a few weeks before the wedding!  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@KittyPurry wrote:
OMG, My Mother was also a makeup junkie! And she also wore Revlon "Cherries In The Snow" lipstick. It was my Dad's favorite color on her he always said she's was beautiful when she wore it! Her foundation of choice was Merle Norman Powder Base and still is today! I'm a 3rd generation MN wearer! Fabulous products! Small world! 

@KittyPurry - One of my best friends in college was like you! Her mom wore MN, so she did too! She had the most beautiful skin. We used to play with her makeup in the dorm, but she never wanted to try ours. She was loyal!

I never tried it, but around here we had a "tradition" of sorts. There was one young girl who worked at the local MN studio. She was talented and had a good reputation as a makeup artist. So when the girls were in middle school or so, we took them to her. Some even had birthday parties there. That was slowing down some when it was DD's "time." So we made an appointment with her, I told her to go lightly, and she did an amazing job. I bought most of what she used on DD. She wore it for a while, but Ulta was a strong pull, and shortly after, she discovered MAC!

I assume your daughter wears MN too? Three generations is really something! 

The local studio here closed about 5 years ago. The owner retired. The girl that everyone went to married in her late 20's and left shortly after. One of my friends took her daughter up a few weeks before the wedding!  Smiley Happy

My grandmother wore MN Powder Base also that's the third generation. I have one son no daughters. My Mother started wearing it in the 50's and today she's 86 and her skin looks 60. Powder Base had zinc oxide in it which is a sunscreen and it's still exactly the same. I worked at our local MN Studio during holidays for a long time and have worn it exclusivly. Of course I do wear other brands of eyeshadow, blush and lips, but never any thing but MN foundation. Their foundations are best in the business. There aren't many studios left I have to travel 30 miles and do but am glad it can be ordered online now. My mother desn't wear makeup musch now but she's amazed that yopu can still purchase "Cherries in the Snow" makes her SMILE!

Super Contributor

I was afraid that they would run Laura Geller Cosmetics into the ground as often happens when someone sells they're company to a big corporation. No one else cares for your company as much as you do and Laura started her makeup buainwaa in that store in NYC. QVC called her to sell her Bronze n Brighten product on TV. It sold out. Then she began selling more of her products on QVC. People like her. She has an ability to be personable and educate at the same time.

It still remains to be seen what will happen to what is left of Laura Geller Cosmetics. I have used her face products for years and never once had a broken compact or anything else. Never had much success with the eye shadow though. Baked shadows just never work on me. He highlighters are some of the best although most of the vloggers ignore them. I love the fair Bronze and Brighten. Very few companies sell a product like that for the pale people. I very much liked the first Real Deal concealer. I doubt that this newer one could be near as good as the original was. I am trying it though.