Respected Contributor

Re: Lancer TSV Not Selling Well

[ Edited ]

At age 69 years and fifty-one weeks, on a limited budget, I'm not about to spend 💰💰💰💰on skin care. I wash my face with goat milk soap. Then a witch hazel toner from the drugstore. Makeup removal, for the little I wear, is done with a microfiber facial cleansing cloth. A Paulas Choice AHA serum. Sunscreen. Clinique eye cream and No 7 vit C moisturizer at night. I've actually seen improvement in under eye wrinkles with the Clinique. So that's worth re-purchasing. The other day a young lady guessed me to be fifty. I'll take it. 😋

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I did purchase it and if I don't like it back it goes.  I have a trial size tube of the polish, and while I like it I have to really water it down so it doesn't feel so rough.  I do wish they would have offered the choice of polish in the Sensitive formula as well.

Super Contributor

I also checked reviews becaise I considered purchasing it. Alot of iffy reviews and sev that spoke of the damage done to their skin after using the exolliator! I decided no way! 

Honored Contributor

@LillyandHobo wrote:

I also checked reviews becaise I considered purchasing it. Alot of iffy reviews and sev that spoke of the damage done to their skin after using the exolliator! I decided no way! 

@LillyandHobo  That is how I feel about Dermapeel sold by Skinn  on HSN.  It is like rubbing chards of glass on my skin....leaves it red. Too harsh!

Honored Contributor

I have wanted to try this for quite some time. I got it on AD, if I don't like it I'll cancel.

Trusted Contributor

I think the configuration of this TSV was just not desirable for a few reason-- the products themselves.  A giant polish and the little sizes of the whole system? What if you use the whole system but then you'll have way too much polish.  Also if you bought the last TSV from Lancer, on auto delvery, you just got a shipment.  Lastly, there was just another skin care TSV.  If you just bought the Tatcha TSV, it included their polish.  

How much exfoliation can a person do?

Obviously, someone in planning or marketing or whatever dept didn't really think this out.

They probably should have done something like his treatment pads or something that could be added to the system and then throw in the sample size of the system.

They've been pushing the method for years.... Doesn't it make sense to make it easier for people to try other aspects of the line?  

Respected Contributor

I've been using it a few days now and I have to say I'm really liking it.

I was a little worried because I have dry, super sensitive skin and rosacea but  I'm very careful on how I use the polish (lots and lots of water to thin it out to make it easier to work, barely any pressure with my fingertips).

I use it in the morning, following with my Vit. C after polish/cleanse, then nourish and my skin feels like glass.  All smooth and nice.  I'm hoping that as the days go by it continues to not irritate or break me out.  So far though I'm happy I ordered it. 

As little polish as I use it will last me for a long, long, long time.

Respected Contributor

I originially really disliked the Lancer polish.  I felt it was just too harsh.  I LOVE the Tatcha Rice polish and use that regulary.   Wanting to use up the Lancer,  I started incorporating it into my routine, and really got to like it a lot.  I'm just a little more gentle when I apply.  I purchased the last TSV just to  get the giant sized polish  since I'm almost out of the one I got previously.  I can't stand the smell on the moisturizer and wish they would do something about that .  The cleanser is just okay...   I like the Korres cleanser a lot better...  as well as their face moisturizer. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

I originially really disliked the Lancer polish.  I felt it was just too harsh.  I LOVE the Tatcha Rice polish and use that regulary.   Wanting to use up the Lancer,  I started incorporating it into my routine, and really got to like it a lot.  I'm just a little more gentle when I apply.  I purchased the last TSV just to  get the giant sized polish  since I'm almost out of the one I got previously.  I can't stand the smell on the moisturizer and wish they would do something about that .  The cleanser is just okay...   I like the Korres cleanser a lot better...  as well as their face moisturizer. 

Funny, I didn't care for the Tatcha polish. It irritates my skin a bit and does not leave it feeling smooth.  I've heard others say that about the moisturizer, isn't it just a grapefruit scent?  I didn't find it unpleasant. The cleanser is decent, but I recently received a trial size of a Korres cleanser and must say it's nice also.

Respected Contributor

Ladies that polish is awesome...I have rosacea and use it no problems. Getting the jumbo size at a great deal made me happy. Don't want to be without it.