Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

I've seen the commercial and I don't find it offensive at all.  I think stating where it could be used was helpful and delicately handled as much as it can be for such a product.

Many people suffer from hyperhidrosis.  It's embarrassing for them.  I know someone that gets botox injections to help.  She also finally found a doctor that has prescribed some sort of daily medical wipes to use in those "regions" and it has helped her tremendously with the excessive perspiration, and also her self esteem in turn.  

@LdyBugz  My dental hygiene daughter gets Botox in her underarms. She's leaning over her patients with herpits practically in their face. She wasn't sure she sweated that much, but just in case..It definitely eliminated all perspiration under her arms. The doc won't inject Botox there unless you perspire in other areas nearby like under the boobs, etc.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

It works well. I don't think the commercial is offensive. @Jacie  Was I the friend? 😝 

Maybe some of us on these forums haven't seen other commercials that may really be offensive to some, or at least make you feel uncomfortable. 😝 

The  women who poop commercials.

The Ballsy commercial, with claims that blatantly state washing your balls with this will help you smell better and score.

The mini shavers for pubic hair, that show a young female seductively shaving that particular area.

The OB/GYN advertising her deodorant for the entire body which is aluminum free isn't. 

@KBEANS  LOL! No you were not the friend! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

I decided to try the Lume body wash.  I believe that using it has helped me feel "fresh" longer, however I find that it also makes my skin feel dry.  Once I use it up, I probably won't repurchase.

Honored Contributor

I've heard these are good products and might well try the brand. I find some of the commercials silly rather than offensive. I think had the spokeswoman simply said 'private areas' like an adult and not whispered 'private parts'  with her hand over her mouth like an embarrassed child, the ad would have been more palatable and served as a better method for selling her products.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

DH and I were watching a show early last night when an ad for this product came on. I can't go into its use here or it'll be poofed, for sure.

It was invented by a female OBGYN (Google it) and it was TMI...way too much info for public TV....gross, for sure.

I change the channel every time it comes on.  I dislike it immensely.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been around crowded places and I wonder if some people bathe anymore...

Probably a good idea...

Trusted Contributor

@pietook wrote:

LOL--- this may be too much info also----but, my "nether regions" SWEAT and also my head!  Not even the smallest from my underarms.  So, I had been planning to google and research this product further---glad you remined me! Does anyone else have this problem?  None of my friends do!  I actually wear a panty liner daily.

I ordered a bundle pack....wipes, deodorant, bar of soap, tube of deodorant cream. You mentioned you sweat a lot...unfortunately Lume is not an anti-persperant....just helps with odor. It does work well for odor control. I ordered the Warm Vanilla...not in love with the scent, but it's not bad. Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

@apl_pi14 wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

The commercials are awful, but based on a reccommendation from a friend who swears by it, I tried the unscented version. Not truly unscented (it actually smells pretty bad initially), but that goes away quickly.

It really works. For real.

@Jacie  Yeah, I couldn't get past the 'unscented' scent lol and ended up throwing it out!

I happened to read a facebook thread. It was 100s of people saying how badly it smelled no matter what the scent. And they were returning the product for a full refund.

I guess they deleted all the negative comments because I never saw it again. All I saw were comments about how wonderful the product was.

I am so sick of the commercials. EVERY commercial break there is a commercial for the stuff. I thought the Medicare J J Walker commercials were bad until Lume came along. At least Medicare J J Walker isn't EVERY commercial break.

Guess Lume thinks women in my area really stink.

Respected Contributor
I think it smells bad until it dries.
Valued Contributor

The first time I saw the commercial I was far from the tv to really see anything.

The second time I saw it was the one where the woman was laying on the exam table in the stir-ups with the sheet and the doctor pops out and introduces herself as Dr. So ^ So,,, it made me laugh..sorry but I thought it was humorus.