Honored Contributor

Re: LOOKS LIKE LEGS HAVE DANDRUFF

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  Try Shikai Oatmeal body wash (and non soap).  It sure helped me after using philosophy that was drying my skin.  

@Katcat1  Oh, you know how I feel about Philosophy! It dried out my skin in summer. Haven’t used it in years. I did bathe in colloidal oatmeal....not only hot baths not great for dry skin, but getting that stuff out of the deep jacuzzi was a chore....no jets. I’ll look for the body wash you suggested. This has been one of coldest winters in NC (off and on) since 1970...record breaking. Thanks for your suggestion. 

Honored Contributor

If you use Cerave cream you will not have flakes.  It really moisturizes.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shaving ,i would think would exfloilate,i would think ,i like the saulax cloth.The jar cream made by avenno,is good,also cerave has a diabetic cream in the tube,i am using also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, I am happy to hear you are healing from your surgery.  Wonderful that your hubby was able to take time off to care for you.  Keep us informed of your progress.  Wishing you a speedy recovery, Pam

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

If you use Cerave cream you will not have flakes.  It really moisturizes.  

@AngelPuppy1 That’s been my “go to” for years...even recommended it here. If that’s not working, serious dryness, for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  Retirement will be the best part of your lives . . . especially with your back problems healed! He's a good man. You'll be very happy together. Smiley Very Happy  Delighted you managed your first day alone. Continue your great recovery! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus I know many here speak of the salux cloth but I suggest the dry brush method.  Not only will it remedy your existing dry skin but it will prevent you from even developing dry skin going forward.   The dry brushing eliminates dry skin by continuous cell turn-over "product free" as well as helping with circulation.  You start from the bottom of your body (your feet) and proceed on up in an upward motion always working toward your heart. 

I've been doing this for years and have not had even one encounter of dry skin anywhere on my body since - even in these cold New York winters!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Shanus I know many here speak of the salux cloth but I suggest the dry brush method.  Not only will it remedy your existing dry skin but it will prevent you from even developing dry skin going forward.   The dry brushing eliminates dry skin by continuous cell turn-over "product free" as well as helping with circulation.  You start from the bottom of your body (your feet) and proceed on up in an upward motion always working toward your heart. 

I've been doing this for years and have not had even one encounter of dry skin anywhere on my body since - even in these cold New York winters!

@fitfuninformed Thank God the tile on bathroom floor is white...maybe should stand in shower any way. I should weigh myself before and after. Lol. Thanks I do have a dry brush, just never made it a steady habit.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  You have a great spirit and a wonderful sense of humor.  Enjoy your pampered skin!

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Shanus  You have a great spirit and a wonderful sense of humor.  Enjoy your pampered skin!

Thanks @fitfuninformed. Appreciate the compliment.