Honored Contributor

LOOKS LIKE LEGS HAVE DANDRUFF

My skin is as dry as ever this winter. When home, all fireplaces are going, humidifier going in bedroom and slathering myself in my usual Cerave. When I remove my black socks...dandruff! My friend suggested Vanicream. Anyone try it?

Trusted Contributor

Re: LOOKS LIKE LEGS HAVE DANDRUFF

@Shanus  I haven't tried it but it's supposed to be one of the best, fragrance free, no lanolin , no mineral oil, great for sensitive skin, etc, etc.   It's on my list of things to buy next.  If you try it, would mind you posting your opinion of it?

Honored Contributor

I can relate to that.  I think any good, rich, very emollient body butter will help.  It probably won't reduce the dry skin flaking entirely but it should help.    

Esteemed Contributor

i have multiple jars of creams on my nightstand....caught my husband using foot cream on his hands...i laughed....he didn't!!!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus.  I've been using this stuff for the first time this winter.  Softens skin overnight but best of all, I've been using a tiny bit as a cuticle cream as my brittle fingernails just crumble in the dry heat.  I actually have nails in winter for the first time in years.

Screenshot_20190121-151617.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus

Try dry body brushing and dead sea salt bath.

Moisturize with a water based serum and then seal with cream.

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Shanus  I haven't tried it but it's supposed to be one of the best, fragrance free, no lanolin , no mineral oil, great for sensitive skin, etc, etc.   It's on my list of things to buy next.  If you try it, would mind you posting your opinion of it?

@Harvard99  Will do.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Shanus

Try dry body brushing and dead sea salt bath.

Moisturize with a water based serum and then seal with cream.

@hopi Have the body brush...use it with the salt to exfoliate skin first?

Honored Contributor

I had a friend that swore by Neutrogina Body Oil from Walmart.  She would put it on after her shower.  Her skin was SO soft.

I freeze if I put something on like that after the shower.

Honored Contributor

I use Alpha Skin Care Body Lotion with 12% glycolic. It's the only lotion that can tackle my dry scleroderma skin. Nothing else will absorb except that one.