Respected Contributor

Re: LOL is all this really necessary?!!

@Shop Till you Drop I think of the Friends episode when Chandler says "It's soap. It's self cleaning."

Joey says "Think of what I wash last & what you wash first."

Honored Contributor

My 93 yr old wrinkle free mother swears by Witch Hazel & any soap for the face.  It's all she's ever used.

Me, just soap & water & Eucerin in a jar because I have dry skin.

@CherryHugs

You've been brainwashed if you use all that censored.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I have pared down to these products (in no particular order) as I feel they are all I need:

1. A gentle, fragrance-free cleanser.

2. Sunscreen

3. Retin-a

4. Hyaluronic acid gel

5. A fragrance-free moisturizer

6. 2% BHA liquid

7. Vitamin C serum (which I will discontinue when it's finished because I'm not seeing any benefits)

Honored Contributor

Whether it's necessary or not, I would forget to use half of it. I buy a lot of skin care, but I'm just not dedicated enough to follow through. I usually end up slapping on some serum and moisturizer, and call it a day

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm a "soap and water" user .... followed by Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream in the morning, and soap and water before bed.  

I don't use neck cream in the winter because I always wear turtlenecks and no one sees my neck.

Trusted Contributor

i’m thinking you should be able to write a blog on skin care after using all those products! lol! 

mom was very low maintenance. the only product she swore by was ponds cold cream, which she was using even before i was born. hardly a wrinkle there, and she died in her 80s. 

i use very few products because i just can’t stand spending all that time on myself. i try many, but stick with a few that i think work for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nope, in my opinion, most of that stuff is not necessary - even tho cosmetics companies want you to believe several different products are necessary to they can sell you more than your skin wants or needs.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I have all you have and more. One product probably counteracts or duplicates the other.

I am always promising myself to use up what I have before buying more- the products do expire.

I think its’  about trying to hold back the years.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy nothing but soap or sometimes for the shower I use some sort of drug store version of body wash.  I don't buy into the hype and never will.  I do have my buying vices...so I am not totally innocent.  I cannot get anywhere near a few online sites or catalogues.  I like tunic tops on sale of course.  

Esteemed Contributor

LOL I have been there but most of the "stuff" eventually went unused and I either gave the unopened products to a friend or threw it out if it was old.  I would have a good regimen going for maybe a week and then I would get lazy and stop or cut corners.  I even had my husband help use up some of my products....LOL and his skin is amazing!

I now use a good cleanser, serum, great moisturizer, eye cream and once a week an exfoliator.  My skin and neck/decolletage still look great and I saved money not buying all that other stuff.