Respected Contributor

How To Find The Right Lipstick Color?

I just saw on youtube Lipstick Queen and she says if you have a warm skin tone Dark hair  skin and eyes  you would look best in cool colors.

If you have a cool skin tone blonde hair light skin,light eyes you would look best in warm colors.

I do agree with her I am warm skin tone and cool blush and lipsticks look so much better on  me than warm colors.

Do you ladies agree?

Honored Contributor

Re: How To Find The Right Lipstick Color?

No.    I am a cool-tone bleached blonde, cool-tone pale skin, and olive eyes.   I wear ALL cool tone makeup.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Nope. 

Esteemed Contributor

If I'm understanding you correctly, then I disagree.
If your natural tones are cool you look better with cool tones in makeup and haircoloring. Likewise warm with warm.

Dark hair and eyes aren't necessarily warm. Dark winters are cool, whereas dark autumns are warm.
Summers, whether their hair is very pale blonde or dark, are cool. But blonde Springs are warm.
And it's determined by undertones in skin, which aren't always obvious at 1st glance, and can be quite misleading.
But every 'wannabe' can put something on u-tube.
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I just saw on youtube Lipstick Queen and she says if you have a warm skin tone Dark hair  skin and eyes  you would look best in cool colors.

If you have a cool skin tone blonde hair light skin,light eyes you would look best in warm colors.

I do agree with her I am warm skin tone and cool blush and lipsticks look so much better on  me than warm colors.

Do you ladies agree?

@cuddlesmama  The reason for knowing if you’re cool or warm is so you can choose those your best shades within that palette....makeup and clothes. There are also neutral toned red lip colors that look good on everyone. Check at dept. stores where you have guidance. Drugstores have no unwrapped samples to try.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My skin color is a light-tan with yellow undertones. Most of my lippies and blushes are warm colors. But if I want to really pop a color on my lips then I go for the cool shades. I will also pop a cool color blush on top of a warm one to give it dimension.

So to answer the question, yes to some degree.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee, that sounds like it would have quite a dramatic effect. I'm intrigued. I could see that for evening wear but certainly not your day in, day out look.
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
@SilleeMee, that sounds like it would have quite a dramatic effect. I'm intrigued. I could see that for evening wear but certainly not your day in, day out look.

It does sound like it might look dramatic. But my application is very light-handled and subtle so it can be for daytime.Woman Happy @x Hedge

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No I don't agree at all. Besides undertone it also matters if you're high or low contrast. She also ignored the fact that some people are neutral. I'm high contrast and a bright winter with black hair, green eyes and very pale skin. I like myself best in cool tones.

I do think some people mistakenly think that cools can't wear certain color families. While I avoid yellow and brown I look great in the right neon orange, coral and pink. I can't do yellow undertone pastels but look great in icy pale colors. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMHO the only way to judge how a lipstick will look on you is to try it. I already know what colors look best on me and if I want to try a new color, I go to the mall and try a little out on my wrist. I wear it for a while  to see if it changes color due to my body chemistry. Same thing goes for perfume. Then, and only then will I buy it.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown