Honored Contributor

Re: L'Occitane....will they ever...

[ Edited ]

I find it ironic that China insists on testing cosmetics on animals for "safety" reasons, but it was Chinese manufacturers who adulterated pet food with ground up melamine to increase their profits, resulting in the deaths of pets here and in other countries.

When confronted with the evidence they simply shrugged.  The attitude was "they're only pets".

This may be a politically incorrect statement, but no wonder so many are now wary of any consumables coming from China.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia   BRAVO!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia Yep and that's just ONE example of the $%#& they pull with products. It is for THESE reasons I and so many others refuse to purchase products from China and speak up about it. It's also why we get grief from so many because they think it's "no big deal". You will the day something happens to you or someone you love because a product from China did serious harm.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee   Although I agree, so many of our goods, drugs, etc. come from China. There needs to be a big push to manufacture those items here and become independent. 

Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@Venezia Yep and that's just ONE example of the $%#& they pull with products. It is for THESE reasons I and so many others refuse to purchase products from China and speak up about it. It's also why we get grief from so many because they think it's "no big deal". You will the day something happens to you or someone you love because a product from China did serious harm.

My boss lost his dog to the China dog food debacle.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia   I thought the very same thing..  what a joke!  A sad bad one at that.

Honored Contributor

@scatcat - It's sad.  One of the other customers with my vet's practice lost her cat because of it and another lost his dog.  I was thankful I didn't use any of the foods that were involved.  No excuse for it; the U.S. and Canadian companies using the products should've been overseeing the processing factories more diligently.

If they want to save money having these things produced overseas, it's their responsibility to maintain stringent safety measures.