Trusted Contributor

L'Occitane....will they ever...

[ Edited ]

(my thoughts, not speaking for anyone else)

----cease being a CRUELTY INDUCING company??

I've loved their line and would return to buying if they changed to Cruelty Free.

I've used many of their products, all scents; soaps, body wash,lotions, hand creams.

(all the above for Philosophy too)

Cat SadCat Mad

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

Re: L'Occitane....will they ever...

What?!?!?!?!?!?

Trusted Contributor

@Diva on The Q 

What does your reply mean...

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Valued Contributor

@skittles2 I am SO with you on that!! Its hard to believe that any company would still be testing their products on innocent little life forms that can't defend themselves. There are other viable options for testing, and I can only imagine they don't use them because they are more expensive for take too long for results. Our number one recourse is to STOP buying their products, and taking the time to contact them to inform them why we are not buying. There are many petitions out there, and I sign every one I find. If I were Bill Gates I would put all my money into saving animals (from people)!!

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 

I agree 100%!

I keep a list in my purse of cruelty free brands anytime I'm shopping!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

We can also vote with our communications and spending.  If enough do so, things could change.

Respected Contributor

Wow! This really bums me out! I have and love quite a few of their products.

I just today opened an Almond Delicious Soap that has little flecks of almonds in it. I LOVE it. It scratches you in a good way and it smells awesome and makes my bathroom smell awesome.  

Seriously bummed 

Frequent Contributor

when I found out they were not Cruelty-Free, I wanted to cry. I really liked a lot of their products. Stopped using/buying their products immediately. 

Contributor

It is important to do sufficient research rather than reacting to a statement intended to make a point for their "side".  This is L'Occitane's statement, which explains the means they must go through to sell their products in China.

L'Occitane Animal Testing Policy

Trusted Contributor

@PhoebeDragon1  Thank you for posting that about L'Occitane. They have a shop in the mall where we lived and I knew from speaking to the women who worked there that the company had been cruelty free for a long time.

If companies want to sell in China, then they have to play by Chinas' rules. China has labs that due the testing for lines that are cruelty free. Now, could they say no to being sold in China? Sure, but in a global economy, that would be a poor business decision. Remember, there are many companies that still due cosmetic testing in the US; go after them if you're that outraged. L'Occitane is NOT one of them.

"Coming to ya from Florida"