Respected Contributor

Re: Julia Roberts "Most beautiful person again"

Ah the drama.   I'm betting everyone has a skeleton or two in their closet... IF it's even true.

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3,  Did you know that her voice was dubbed in her movies?  I do not believe I ever heard her real voice.  Julia is pretty but this most beautiful for anyone is going too far.   Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

i think charlize theron, is beautiful and aging beautifully. i would have voted for her before JR.

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

Ah the drama.   I'm betting everyone has a skeleton or two in their closet... IF it's even true.

@Funloving, one closet? Puh-leeze.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I think a lot of people have a dark side. I know I do. I don't know her at all, nor do I know anyone who does. I imagine she can be a real beeach when she wants to. But she still is a natural beauty and I've always liked her as an actor. I wish I had a smile like hers. Who really knows who the most beautiful person in the world is, anyway. 

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

@Funloving, one closet? Puh-leeze.

@suzyQ3

a-very-happy-laughing-emoji-emoticon-smiley-face-character-laughing-G05HWB.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@dogsx3,  Did you know that her voice was dubbed in her movies?  I do not believe I ever heard her real voice.  Julia is pretty but this most beautiful for anyone is going too far.   Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

Don't mean to butt in.  What do you mean her voice was dubbed in, in her movies? Are you talking about the latest animated film?   She does talk shows, interviews, etc. & sounds exactly the same as on the big screen.   I doubt she'd be pulling down the money per movie if they had the tedious task of dubbing in a different voice.. lol.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement.  If you've seen one of her movies, you've heard her real voice.

???

eta:  I agree the whole "most beautiful woman/man thing:" is a bit silly.

Isn't that a People magazine thing?  You have to remember, especially the  younger generation is obsessed with beauty.  Perfect target and way to sell magazines / online subscriptions.

Honored Contributor

@Funloving,   I don't remember what program I was watching and it could have been for just the one movie they were talking about but did say that Julia's voice was replaced by someone else.  Also, in Pretty Woman, when she was in full body shots, it was someone else's body.  Most actresses and even some actors are very skinny but they look great in movies.  Angelina has taken it too a whole new level -- she looks anorexic.  Her arms are so thin and her hands actually the whole body.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1, I googled "Julia Roberts voice dubbing" and came up empty. The only possible reference I found was a woman who has done additional dialogue recording for the actress when it was needed. But that's just filling in words when necessary.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

I do think it's true.  There are too many sources stating that.  I've not heard that about many other female stars.  Where there is smoke...there is usually fire...just sayin...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"