Trusted Contributor

It boggles my mind that she is such a sun worshipper - and I mean allowing herself to get really, really dark - and yet maintains that beautiful skin!  It almost makes me wonder if indeed sunbathing, when done properly with spf and reapplying, cannot truly accelerate the aging process.  Wouldn't Dr. Perricone (a tanner himself) not want someone who tans to represent and promote his "antiaging and preventative" skincare product line?  I've read his book(s) and know that he believes the sun has many benefits to the skin and body, exposure in moderation of course, but I've witnessed Dana get extremely tan - her face as much as her body!

Maybe I shouldn't feel so conflicted about allowing myself to sunbathe (safely) during the summer or vacationing months?  If I could continue to look as good as Dana, I just may!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The gorgeous Dana Bledsoe

[ Edited ]

She probably uses a tanner as she is a cancer survivor and sadly, now a returning cancer patient.  Smiley Sad        I am surprised you do not know this.

She is always in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

Personally I don't find being tan makes a person attractive. Different strokes...

Trusted Contributor

Oh, I am fully aware of her condition - all the more reason I am truly amazed!  She, just at this last TSV visit, proudly proclaimed her love for the sun and current tan she was sporting from a recent vacation/holiday.  That's what amazes me - I suppose she is just tanning by the sun naturally, albeit responsibly.

Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

She probably uses a tanner as she is a cancer survivor and sadly, now a returning cancer patient.  Smiley Sad        I am surprised you do not know this.

She is always in my prayers.

Thanks for posting that info about Dana.  I didn't know she had a reoccurance.  

Prayers for Dana

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fitfuninformed

sorry ,I didn't watch the show so I did not hear her say that.

Honored Contributor

I think she uses self tanner.  She seems very wise.  I wish her well.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I also think Dana's tan is well-done faux -  I hope I'm right.

I also think her basic coloring is so different from mine that even if that tan is sun-given, I won't tan her way. 

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

It boggles my mind that she is such a sun worshipper - and I mean allowing herself to get really, really dark - and yet maintains that beautiful skin!  It almost makes me wonder if indeed sunbathing, when done properly with spf and reapplying, cannot truly accelerate the aging process.  Wouldn't Dr. Perricone (a tanner himself) not want someone who tans to represent and promote his "antiaging and preventative" skincare product line?  I've read his book(s) and know that he believes the sun has many benefits to the skin and body, exposure in moderation of course, but I've witnessed Dana get extremely tan - her face as much as her body!

Maybe I shouldn't feel so conflicted about allowing myself to sunbathe (safely) during the summer or vacationing months?  If I could continue to look as good as Dana, I just may!

There is no such thing as tanning safely.  A tan is sun damage.

This is just me - but I cannot understand how "sunbathing" is enjoyable.  I have always hated that baking feeling.  Haven't done it since high school.  I am very fair and just intolerant of the sun at all.  I burn only, no tan!

It seems one thing to me to be doing something outside and having sun exposure.  Baking in the sun doesn't appeal to me, but I know some love it.  The sun gives us Vitamin D, but we can ingest it safely.

No one can tell us if a tan now will affect our skin later.  If you care about your skin, you shouldn't tan now and take a chance later that your skin will hold up.  I don't care for fake tanners, but they sell a lot of them, so maybe use them. 

Dana is a beautiful woman.

Hyacinth

Frequent Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

There is no such thing as tanning safely.  A tan is sun damage.

This is just me - but I cannot understand how "sunbathing" is enjoyable.  I have always hated that baking feeling.  Haven't done it since high school.  I am very fair and just intolerant of the sun at all.  I burn only, no tan!

It seems one thing to me to be doing something outside and having sun exposure.  Baking in the sun doesn't appeal to me, but I know some love it.  The sun gives us Vitamin D, but we can ingest it safely.

No one can tell us if a tan now will affect our skin later.  If you care about your skin, you shouldn't tan now and take a chance later that your skin will hold up.  I don't care for fake tanners, but they sell a lot of them, so maybe use them. 

Dana is a beautiful woman.

Hyacinth

I agree with not liking the baking feeling.   It's great that self tanners can be used for those who want that look without the damage.