Honored Contributor

Re: The gorgeous Dana Bledsoe

I have friends who still tan, they lay out over and over to get that tan color. It is just crazy. One of them, her mom had melanoma and it still didn't stop her from laying out......I love the feeling of the warm sunshine, but definitely not laying out in it....I am one of those people who don't feel that being tan makes you more attractive......I guess I have seen too many overly tan people whose skin looks like alligator skin after a while......  

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

Oh, I am fully aware of her condition - all the more reason I am truly amazed!  She, just at this last TSV visit, proudly proclaimed her love for the sun and current tan she was sporting from a recent vacation/holiday.  That's what amazes me - I suppose she is just tanning by the sun naturally, albeit responsibly.

Doesn't matter what your MOTIVE is for getting tanned.  It is sun damage!  As long as you understand that, make your decision.  Doesn't matter HOW the sun time is acquired.  Think of some older ladies in Florida - ouch!  My uncle is a tanner - and he looks so awful.  His girlfriend, who is much younger, also looks horrible.  They look like dried up prunes from their sun exposure in Florida.  I don't see them moderating it at all, so that's their decision. 

For Dana, perhaps having metastatic cancer makes her feel differently.  I can understand someone feeling that they will do something they enjoy, even with negative consequences.  If I were her and loved being in the sun, I would do it too.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Maybe Dana feels that controlled and limited sun exposure has more positive benefits than negative. I for one believe this.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Maybe Dana feels that controlled and limited sun exposure has more positive benefits than negative. I for one believe this.

20 minutes a day max is controlled and, perhaps, limited.  

anything over than that is not wise.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Skin type and time of day of exposure would factor in also.

Valued Contributor

Because she loves the sun does not mean she goes into it without sunscreen. Dr. Perricone's tan is expertly faux and I am sure hers is too. No one who makes a good living promoting expensive  skin products is going to damage their own skin because it is their best example of the efficacy of the products they represent. 

These days, when you see a lovely tan and nice skin, count on it being an expertly applied faux tan. Dana's own skin is her best marketing too.

Honored Contributor

Dr. Perricone's tan looks fake to me.  Dana's does not.  If that is faux tan, I'd like to know what product she uses because the color is gorgeous and the application is spot on.