Super Contributor

I have an open bottle of Argan oil now and two more unopened bottles in the linen closet. I am on A-D for her TSV kit from November, so I have even more bottles coming, haha. I tend to use it a lot more in the winter months though.

I use it on my face and body. I often mix it with other lotions and creams. Sometimes I will add a little to a mascara tube to revive it a little when it's down to the last few uses.

Sadly, I can't use Argan oil on my hair; it just makes it so greasy. Smiley Sad 

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@suzyQ3, hey bud!  Would you mind listing the ingredients on that balm?  Not sure I'm finding a complete list.  I may be only finding "key" ingredient list.  TIA! 

Hope you are well.  Don't think I ever said Happy New Year!  DD was symptomatic again last week.  Missed three days of school and a big invitational swim meet.  This time only one ER trip and one Neuro visit for a total of two IV infusions.  At least I'm not close to strangling the Neuro this time.  Progress Smiley Wink

@Bella Carro, darn it. I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter continues to have medical problems. I don't recall whether you had received a diagnosis. I'd love to hear from you.

The ingredients you saw are the only ingredients. I checked one of my two back-up boxes:

Organic extra virgin olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, organic cera alba (beeswax), organic honey, Melexylem (honey and propolis 28 day bio fusion), organic sea buckthorn oil, royal jelly, bee pollen.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@Jifner1956 wrote:

I too had the TSV Auto delivery and I just cancelled it last week. I wanted to be able to get the next shipment with the Brown Sugar Whipped Body Butter however I have came to the conclusion that her Argan Oil just doesn't work for me. Neither does the Argan Milk and especially not her new Face Butter. My skin actually gets dryer when I use it.  And even if it did I would not be able to use that much Argan Oil in a year even if I used it everyday. So with that conclusion I will just order her Whipped Body Butter individually as I need it...which considering that it is "Argan Body Butter" that it works so well for me when the other Argan products don't. I will miss out on the seasonal scents but I really like the Citrus so I'll stick with that. I do not post this because I am condemning her products because they appear to be very high quality by some of the reviews I have read....which makes me feel like I'm the only person in this world that has this problem with her line of products.

No, I think I am the same as you. Since using the oil on my face my face has actually been flakey! Now I don't know that the argan is to blame. It is fiercely cold here right now. But still - I'm not super impressed. I like the whipped but that is about all. I may have to cancel as well. I just can't justify that cost for a whipped. I hope that these scents might be available individually in the whipped.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3, hmm, wonder how that honey is being preserved?  Maybe ithe raw material was powdered?  Honey by itself doesn't need a preservative but when you add it to other ingredients it's a problem.  Maybe the water ratio content is low enough not to worry about it.

I'll email as soon as I stop avoiding my inbox.  I need to begin 2016 summer league swim team planning and there are a few folks I don't have it in me to deal with right now.  I really wish we could come to terms on the house we found and move outta this 'hood!

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran's Argan Oil

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

@suzyQ3, hmm, wonder how that honey is being preserved?  Maybe ithe raw material was powdered?  Honey by itself doesn't need a preservative but when you add it to other ingredients it's a problem.  Maybe the water ratio content is low enough not to worry about it.

I'll email as soon as I stop avoiding my inbox.  I need to begin 2016 summer league swim team planning and there are a few folks I don't have it in me to deal with right now.  I really wish we could come to terms on the house we found and move outta this 'hood!

@Bella Carro, I wish you success with that house you've found. Don't you just love that whole process? Smiley Frustrated

The balm is anhydrous. And I really like that Medicine Mama's Apothecary heat-stamps the batch code and expiration date on the product. Mine back-up jars are good until mid-2017.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3, honey is not anhydrous, though, and yummy "bug food".   It does have a water content.  But, I've seen glycerin in anhydrous.  It can be done depending on the ratios.  Pretty fancy formulatin', esp for anhydrous. Woman Very Happy

Ugh, this is the longest ever on a negotiation.  The seller is delusional.  We've been dancing with her since early November.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran's Argan Oil

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

@suzyQ3, honey is not anhydrous, though, and yummy "bug food".   It does have a water content.  But, I've seen glycerin in anhydrous.  It can be done depending on the ratios.  Pretty fancy formulatin', esp for anhydrous. Woman Very Happy

Ugh, this is the longest ever on a negotiation.  The seller is delusional.  We've been dancing with her since early November.  

@Bella CarroI was the one, not the company, that used the word "anhydrous"; I probably should have just said that water is not a listed ingredient. I'm not particulary worried about it going bad. I've dipping my fingers into my current jar for since August. :-) 

But if you do e-mail them about the honey and preservatives, I'd be interested in their response. Heck, maybe I'll do it.

Since November? Wowzer, that's not a dance; that's a battle.

ETA: I just e-mailed the company.

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@Bella Carro we had a similar situation with some property we wanted to buy. We finally realized we were just being strung along in the hopes that other potential buyers would come along and give them a better offer. Once we figured that out, we bailed. We REALLY wanted that property but I am not going to be strung along with these ridiculous demands or unwillingness to negotiate while you wait and hope someone with a better offer comes along! Funny thing is they ended up selling it for even less than we offered because no one else wanted it, lol. Ah payback is a "B"! So, my dear, I feel your pain! Good luck to you!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @HappyDaze and @suzyQ3.  HD, we may indeed need to walk away.  She wants well over the appraisal amount and we are the only offer.  I hate being taken for a fool or advantage of.  She knows we love it.  It's very unique.  I dislike cookie cutter houses and it is not.  That works against the seller, too.  It's a very niche house.  We are going to proceed with inspection next week and see where that little joy ride takes us.   

The house next door to her is also for sale.  It's awful but almost 50% less.  The waterfront location is what is attractive.  I am only half kidding when I say we should buy it and renovate the stew out of it.  Paying a bonus for extra loud hammering, of course.  

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

Thanks, @HappyDaze and @suzyQ3.  HD, we may indeed need to walk away.  She wants well over the appraisal amount and we are the only offer.  I hate being taken for a fool or advantage of.  She knows we love it.  It's very unique.  I dislike cookie cutter houses and it is not.  That works against the seller, too.  It's a very niche house.  We are going to proceed with inspection next week and see where that little joy ride takes us.   

The house next door to her is also for sale.  It's awful but almost 50% less.  The waterfront location is what is attractive.  I am only half kidding when I say we should buy it and renovate the stew out of it.  Paying a bonus for extra loud hammering, of course.  

@Bella Carro i am just like you- we do not "do" cookie cutter, run or the mill houses. Seriously,when we moved we looked at over 100 houses (no lie) and still we  did not buy a single one. That is why we bought land and decided to build our own instead.  Anyway, waterfront sounds amazing and I really hope you get it BUT ONLY FOR THE PRICE IT IS WORTH! The fact that you are the only offer and they want more than the appraisal makes me think she is stringing you along for awhile to see if other offers come in but also knowing that you love it so much and that you are still proceeding to inspections makes her dig in her heels since she thinks she has you where she wants you. Anyway, good luck to you- let us know how it all turns out!