Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@ctinaw wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I add it to my body lotion every day. It pumps up my body lotions to provide extra moisture throughout the day. I also use it on my cuticles. When I color my hair, I add a few droppers to my home hair color kit.

But since I'm using whipped argan oil as my body lotion that seems a bit redundant don't you think? lol. I just have no idea what to do with all of this oil! I gave away the samller one. 

When I said ,"everywhere and on everything", I ment it. I use it on boo boo's,cuts scrapes,rashes, ect , anywhere  on my dog , anywhere on my cat,when needed anywhere on and in my vjj,(blush)  on my nails, in my ears (inside/outside)  and in or outside of my  nose ,on my shoes,feet,legs ect,ect, if needed...Josie puts it in her smoothies.There is NOTHING you can think of that  you cannot use it on !!

TMI...TMI!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran's Argan Oil

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze  @MalteseMomma

AH, yes... I "see" it too.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

USES? Other than face and ends of hair? I am on Auto Delivery for her TSV and I'm wondering if I should bother. There is SOOO  much oil! I use it daily on  my face but really I could do without it. It doesn't seem to be moisturizing enough for me as my skin is extremely dry. I need to use another moisturizer along with it anyway so it almost seems pointless. Meh - I don' tknow just trying to decide if its worth to stay on A/D - I really do love the whipped argan though! And the scents coming up all sound so good I'd hate to miss those. Only reason I'm even considering staying on really. 

No amount of oil is going to hydrate.  Like you, I have very dry skin.  Very dry skin needs water to hydrate as well as emollients and a barrier or occlusive to trap it in.  If you're not going to use up the oil within six months or so I wouldn't buy a large size.  Oils oxidize and go rancid.  

Valued Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@ctinaw wrote:

USES? Other than face and ends of hair? I am on Auto Delivery for her TSV and I'm wondering if I should bother. There is SOOO  much oil! I use it daily on  my face but really I could do without it. It doesn't seem to be moisturizing enough for me as my skin is extremely dry. I need to use another moisturizer along with it anyway so it almost seems pointless. Meh - I don' tknow just trying to decide if its worth to stay on A/D - I really do love the whipped argan though! And the scents coming up all sound so good I'd hate to miss those. Only reason I'm even considering staying on really. 

No amount of oil is going to hydrate.  Like you, I have very dry skin.  Very dry skin needs water to hydrate as well as emollients and a barrier or occlusive to trap it in.  If you're not going to use up the oil within six months or so I wouldn't buy a large size.  Oils oxidize and go rancid.  

Good point - though I can't remember if it is through the presentations or someting I've read here on the forums - I was led to believe that this oil would be moisturizing and used in place of a moisturizer. That would never be sufficient for me. But what youre saying makes more sense. It's not that I am buying a large size, it's that I am on Auto Delivery for that TSV that had the scented whipped argans, the bath oil and then the pure argan oils - a full size and travel size both. Love the whipped and want those but just don't think I'll be going through the argan fast enough. I was also worried about it going rancid as you had metioned. How ca you tell when it has gone rancid? Does it start to smell "off"? Does that happen to the whipped body lotions as well?

Valued Contributor

Even though you already mentioned on the face, I use it as an eyemake up remover sometimes. 

Respected Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

@ctinaw wrote:

Good point - though I can't remember if it is through the presentations or someting I've read here on the forums - I was led to believe that this oil would be moisturizing and used in place of a moisturizer. That would never be sufficient for me. But what youre saying makes more sense. It's not that I am buying a large size, it's that I am on Auto Delivery for that TSV that had the scented whipped argans, the bath oil and then the pure argan oils - a full size and travel size both. Love the whipped and want those but just don't think I'll be going through the argan fast enough. I was also worried about it going rancid as you had metioned. How ca you tell when it has gone rancid? Does it start to smell "off"? Does that happen to the whipped body lotions as well?

@ctinaw, sure, anything with oils can go "off".  Yes, the odor will give it away.  I can notice it before it's really off.  It is somehow "flat" to me before the odor is noticeable.  I have an insanely good sense of smell (much to the chagrin of my teensSmiley Happy).  Argan oil has an approximate shelf life of 18 to 24 months from time of harvest which is why I mentioned using within six +/- months.  Figure by the time it's harvested, packaged, shipped to JM factory or bottling facility, then distributed you might have a little over a year.  Who knows exactly how long it hangs around at a Q or other distribution center.  You could slow down the oxidation a bit by adding a little Vit E or rosemary oleoresin.  HTH

Frequent Contributor

I too had the TSV Auto delivery and I just cancelled it last week. I wanted to be able to get the next shipment with the Brown Sugar Whipped Body Butter however I have came to the conclusion that her Argan Oil just doesn't work for me. Neither does the Argan Milk and especially not her new Face Butter. My skin actually gets dryer when I use it.  And even if it did I would not be able to use that much Argan Oil in a year even if I used it everyday. So with that conclusion I will just order her Whipped Body Butter individually as I need it...which considering that it is "Argan Body Butter" that it works so well for me when the other Argan products don't. I will miss out on the seasonal scents but I really like the Citrus so I'll stick with that. I do not post this because I am condemning her products because they appear to be very high quality by some of the reviews I have read....which makes me feel like I'm the only person in this world that has this problem with her line of products.

Honored Contributor

@Jifner1956 wrote:

I too had the TSV Auto delivery and I just cancelled it last week. I wanted to be able to get the next shipment with the Brown Sugar Whipped Body Butter however I have came to the conclusion that her Argan Oil just doesn't work for me. Neither does the Argan Milk and especially not her new Face Butter. My skin actually gets dryer when I use it.  And even if it did I would not be able to use that much Argan Oil in a year even if I used it everyday. So with that conclusion I will just order her Whipped Body Butter individually as I need it...which considering that it is "Argan Body Butter" that it works so well for me when the other Argan products don't. I will miss out on the seasonal scents but I really like the Citrus so I'll stick with that. I do not post this because I am condemning her products because they appear to be very high quality by some of the reviews I have read....which makes me feel like I'm the only person in this world that has this problem with her line of products.

Nope you aren't! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Question...for those that use the argan oil & a moisturizer, which do you apply first?  Does the oil create a barrier?  I'm never sure if the oil should go on first or last? Thanks so much! 

Respected Contributor
@RooRoo I mix several drops of the oil into my moisturizer in the palm of my hand before applying. If I apply it on top, I feel like it just sits there. Mixed in, my skin drinks it up.