Respected Contributor

Josie Face Milk serum from TSV - Pimples?

I'm 47, I don't break out anymore, maybe one little popper a month if that, I started using the face serum that came in her TSV, very lightly since it was something new and each day I seem to have a new little pimple. Above brow line, top of cheek, one far over between hairline and eye and this morning it was one right in the middle of my chin.

So, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this now, for sure going to stop right now since who wants breakouts over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Am I the only one? Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe it's just to much for my skin type....

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Face Milk serum from TSV - Pimples?

I tried the JM Argan Milk when it was first introduced.  I wanted to like it but odd as it sounds, it actually dried my skin out. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think argan oil works for everyone and of course she puts it in all her products in some form.I am currently using her Argan exfoliating powder and I liked it at first, but now I am seeing pimples at my temples. I'm going to stop using it to see if this product is the culprit.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like your skin is reacting.  Try stopping it for a couple of weeks and try again.  That way you'll know for sure.  Since the return date is after the first of the year, you have nothing to lose.

Super Contributor

Yes, it broke me out and made my skin feel very dry. I did not like it!

Esteemed Contributor

Wanted to like it, but I too broke out.  

Respected Contributor

That's too bad.

I've never had an issue with Josie Maran products, but every Philosophy facial moisturizer I've tried has caused breakouts for me. There's always something out there and it's such a bummer when you find it like that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The product contains sodium benzoate as it's only preservative. That's a mild type of preservative and not a very good one at that. It's fairly good for preventing fungal growth in a product but it's not a broad-spec antibacterial so that could be a problem. In other words what you are putting on your skin might be harboring some germs which could be causing breakouts.

IMO, it's time we rethink about the use of parabens.Woman Wink

'Clean beauty' may not be all that it is made up to be...it's overrated.

Occasional Contributor

I bought the TSV really just for the vanilla pear body butter, but since the milk serum for the face came with it I tried it because I ran out of my Philosophy's when hope is not enough night serum. The milk has made my skin very dry and I don't know if it was just me but I felt a slight burning sensation on my face when I applied it. I used it for a two weeks just to give it a chance. Last night was the last night. Back to my Philosophy serum. 

Valued Contributor

I've used most of Josie Maran's line since it first came out.  I've used the Milk almost every PM on clean toned skin.  I've also developed weird bumps under the skin of my chin (not pimples).  I decided to see a Derm about these unwanted alien critters, as they refuse to go away.  I Love what the Josie products do for my skin, but......maybe we're all reacting to either the source Nut or an additive.  Who needs skin bumps in one's Golden Years??????