Honored Contributor

What on earth are they placing on the black women's faces?  It does not look right.  It's like there is a white shadow on their skin.  I believe the shade they are using is incorrect.  I also noticed that she is trying to sell everything in sets to make more money.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

This is the first time I’ve seen make up that really looks natural. That you don’t have to be a beauty, to be beautiful. I think all the models who have been made up look really good and natural!

Many times after I see these models so made up I think they would look so much better if they would simply go wash all that stuff off! This is the first make up I’ve seen that I think I might even buy!

Honored Contributor

I only know her from What Not To Wear. I think for the most part she did a nice job on the women. Haven't watched her on the Q tho.

Esteemed Contributor

So many beauty 'experts'.  Never heard of her or any of them before.  Not my bag I guess.

Super Contributor

I agee. The one black woman looks like her before and after pictures were taken in different lighting. I would like to try this, but having a hard time choosing a shade.  I also am having a hard time believing that the coral blush will work for everyone...

Frequent Contributor
The make up on black woman is horrid! I was hoping they would say, oops we used the wrong color. But no, they went on about how great she looked. She looked like a clown. Like they put fair makeup on her, and blush on her cheeks. And they didn't even bother taking up to her hairline so it was even more obvious. Another reason why I'll never buy makeup again from qvc. I'd sue if I were her.
Respected Contributor

Over the years I have tried so many different Cosmetic lines.  They look great on TV.  Shades are so hard to choose.  Many Vendors do not state in the information section below the product if the shade is yellow based, pink based, neutral, etc.  

So many of the models are young, and even when they have older models, you have to remember that their make-up was put on by a professional.  

Even with free shipping, it's still $6.95 to return, and a trip to the PO.  Every once in awhile I do try something new, and while driving to the PO I ask myself, What Was I Thinking?  Smiley Embarassed

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

What on earth are they placing on the black women's faces?  It does not look right.  It's like there is a white shadow on their skin.  I believe the shade they are using is incorrect.  I also noticed that she is trying to sell everything in sets to make more money.

That's immediatley what I thought.  The model was gorgeous, whatever they put on her was about the worse.

Respected Contributor

I got her 5 piece kit. I LOVE tube mascara and need a new liner and lippie... I have always liked Carmindy from what Not To Wear days! 

Super Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

This is the first time I’ve seen make up that really looks natural. That you don’t have to be a beauty, to be beautiful. I think all the models who have been made up look really good and natural!

Many times after I see these models so made up I think they would look so much better if they would simply go wash all that stuff off! This is the first make up I’ve seen that I think I might even buy!

I agree.  Everyone looked so pretty and natural.  Other presentations the foundation looks cakey and yellow.