Trusted Contributor

I was wondering if anyone has tried Jay Manuel's primer. I was wondering if it works as well as they say. 

I currently use Lancome's primer, but I can't say if it works any better than any other ones that I've tried (I used Tarte for years). His seemed to blur everything, even before foundation. I have oily skin with some drier patches on my cheeks. Wow. I sound lovely. Woman Tongue

Thanks for any feedback! 

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi ~ during his presentation when it was a "today's special," I thought he mentioned it was a "new" item?  You can check to see if there are any reviews, if it's already been offered.

Respected Contributor

I've tried 2 of his products- one was a foundation, & I can't remember the other (maybe a highlighter).

Anyway, I totally hated both items....they were really bad quality. 

Esteemed Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

I've tried 2 of his products- one was a foundation, & I can't remember the other (maybe a highlighter).

@spot555 wrote:

Yeah, I tried a foundation a long time ago and returned it.  Also, on my tv the close ups of the models, the foundation did not look good at all.   May have just been my tv though.

Trusted Contributor

@spot555 @Wsmom Thank you for your feedback! I'll stick with the Lancome primer. I can't buy foundation from TV anymore. I wore the wrong shade of IT Celebration foundation for a few years before my sister told me it didn't match my skin color. Smiley Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

@pinkmochi, If you like the Lancome primer, by all means stick with it. However, if there is a reason you wat to experiment with another one may I suggest Laura Geller's Spackle.  I confess to having very few monogamous relationships in cosmetics, but Laura's Spackle is one.  I simple haven't used a primer from any brand at any price which I think is superior to Spackle, but have tried many that are worse. 

Valued Contributor

I have about 25 different foundations (not from drugstores) and the Jay Manuel one is in my top three.I already found the one that gives me flawless complexion, but somehow I have to try new ones.

I have ordered the new kit with the primer because the price was good considering you get the concealer too.

There are no reviews for the primer becuase it is a brand new product.My favorite primer is Spackle.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the special they had the other day that contained the primer, foundation and concealer.  I will let you know what I think.  I have never tried his makeup before.  

Respected Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I ordered the special they had the other day that contained the primer, foundation and concealer.  I will let you know what I think.  I have never tried his makeup before.  

Ditto for me.  Like I even needed it.  The price was good, and I've never tried his things.  Actually, I do need a new concealer and I haven't jumped on the primer bandwagon though maybe I should.   Let's both post once our orders arrive and we give it a whirl.  

Honored Contributor

I was tempted to order from his line when he was on QVC.  I never did though.  Seems he wasn't at QVC  for very long.