Honored Contributor

I have a friend who sells Jamberry.  She is always posting photos on her FB page of her newly done nails.  Honestly, they never look that great.  She never quite gets them on properly so part of the decal, or whatever it is, is up over her cuticle.

My DH even commented when he saw one of her "advertisements" that if she's going to try and sell that stuff, she should post photos of someone who knows how to put them on better. 

She's the only one I know who uses them. 

Honored Contributor

I've tried the drugstore brands with little luck.  I do okay on my non dominant hand but the dominant one looks messy.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have a friend who sells Jamberry.  She is always posting photos on her FB page of her newly done nails.  Honestly, they never look that great.  She never quite gets them on properly so part of the decal, or whatever it is, is up over her cuticle.

My DH even commented when he saw one of her "advertisements" that if she's going to try and sell that stuff, she should post photos of someone who knows how to put them on better. 

She's the only one I know who uses them. 

@Lipstickdiva thanks for posting your DH's comment. That was funny.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

UPDATE: I received my package yesterday and applied them immediately. Applying the wrap to my nail was relatively easy, and I believe that with repitition, my results have the ability to improve. The color (Whisper) was gorgeous and glossy. However, I do have some gripes. 

Maybe my nails are just unusual, but it was difficult to find an exact width match between the wrap and any of my nails. For example, the smallest wrap was too small for my pinkie, yet the next size up was way too big. I ended up trimming the sides of some of the wraps with cuticle scissors so that they didn't overlap my nail beds, but this was time-consuming and I wasn't fully satisfied with the look.

Besides trimming, my only other option was to apply a smaller wrap and leave a small area on each side of my nail unwrapped. I think I will just go this route the next time I try it, because the uncovered areas were basically unnoticeable by anyone but me (or someone who might be closely examining them).

My other concern is probably something related to my inexperience, and I hope to get better at it the next time I try. But when trimming down the wrap tips, I was rarely able to file them down neatly enough to lay flush with my actual nail. I really noticed it this morning as I was getting dressed - they would catch (not snag) on my clothes.

I have enough wraps left for another application, so I'm willing to give it another shot (using the info I now know). Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to provide a detailed review for anyone who has also been considering Jamberry.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  When I originally considered these wraps, my biggest concern would be finding the right size for my nails. I have tiny nail beds.  I cannot tell you how many times I've gotten my nails done professionally and the techs make a comment about how tiny my hands are.   They've told me I' have the nails of a little kid.  LOL

I figured I'd be in the same boat of trying to cut them to fit my nail bed and I'd make a mess.