Honored Contributor
On 5/26/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 5/26/2014 HappyDaze said:

I tried the cleansing milk and it did not remove all my makeup and was a little bit drying to my skin. I returned it. The other products I've tried from Juice beauty in the past all haven't worked well for my skin either. Most of them contain one type of extract or other that doesn't play well with my skin, like citrus extracts.

Oh, I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I'm surprised that you found it drying because some think it's too moisturizing. Obviously, everyone reacts differently.

ETA: Have I done something to offend you? I notice that you don't engage me in conversation, whereas we used to have a very lively rapport. I can't think of anything that would have changed that relationship.

oh yeah, not moisturizing at all for me. Not super drying either, but definitely not moisturizing. I am surprised some think it is too moisturizing, however, if you don't have dry skin (i.e. you have oily skin), it might be?

regarding the other part, no? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

My skin isn't the least bit sensitive to many essential oils.... In fact, I use oils that I'm sure others wouldn't dream of putting on their skin, like lavender oil. For some reason my skin behaves just fine with it. Proof we're all quite different in re: to how products react to our own individual skin type.

Honored Contributor
On 5/27/2014 Funloving said:

My skin isn't the least bit sensitive to many essential oils.... In fact, I use oils that I'm sure others wouldn't dream of putting on their skin, like lavender oil. For some reason my skin behaves just fine with it. Proof we're all quite different in re: to how products react to our own individual skin type.

I avoid some essential oils mainly because of what they do internally to the skin, not so much that they cause my skin irritation, although some do. I certainly don't need to help my skin's elasticity breakdown quicker or force premature cell death by applying certain essential oils. But that is just me. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor
On 5/27/2014 HappyDaze said:

I avoid some essential oils mainly because of what they do internally to the skin, not so much that they cause my skin irritation, although some do. I certainly don't need to help my skin's elasticity breakdown quicker or force premature cell death by applying certain essential oils. But that is just me. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

HappyDaze,

I use a product by Acure; Seriously Firming Facial Serum. All organic oils with many good oils at the top of the list.. there is a slight amount of lavender at the bottom of the ingredient deck. I really enjoy the benefits of this Serum. But that's just me!

Respected Contributor

I hope we can all show respect for individual preferences and not allow these petty issues to separate us. We're a strong force of women- who really want the best for one another. Don't we ???

I just hate some of the sarcastic tone I detect in these posts... but then it's hard to know in the written word the real intention of the poster.

I've learned so much from all of you and respect your opinions. I'd only ask the same.. We certainly don't need to agree on everything.. that's not what I'm saying at all. There's a respectful way to disagree. Most of you know exactly my point.

Honored Contributor

I tried the kit Shop HQ had as a TS a while back and I thought it was a good product, but it just didn't do enough for my 60ish skin.

Super Contributor
On 5/27/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 5/26/2014 Irishrose136 said:

It's good to know ahead of time that the products are scented and contain potential irritants. I get their emails and I've been hovering but never buying..........but planning to in the future. Thanks all for your reviews. Smiley Happy

I don't think they add scent, but yes, there is a fragrance from some essential oils.

I've used only the Cleansing Milk, and its couple of fragrant oils are at end of the ingredient deck. Otherwise, I never would have tried it because I do avoid those. I have never had any irritation -- quite the opposite.

Scent is always so personal, but I'm somewhat addicted to the scent in this product.

My Whole Foods carries the line, so you could test it there.

{#emotions_dlg.sad} So many posters here speak highly of Whole Foods.................and they just aren't in my "neck of the woods". I think I'm missing out on something good.

Respected Contributor
On 5/27/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 5/27/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 5/26/2014 Irishrose136 said:

It's good to know ahead of time that the products are scented and contain potential irritants. I get their emails and I've been hovering but never buying..........but planning to in the future. Thanks all for your reviews. Smiley Happy

I don't think they add scent, but yes, there is a fragrance from some essential oils.

I've used only the Cleansing Milk, and its couple of fragrant oils are at end of the ingredient deck. Otherwise, I never would have tried it because I do avoid those. I have never had any irritation -- quite the opposite.

Scent is always so personal, but I'm somewhat addicted to the scent in this product.

My Whole Foods carries the line, so you could test it there.

{#emotions_dlg.sad} So many posters here speak highly of Whole Foods.................and they just aren't in my "neck of the woods". I think I'm missing out on something good.

No doubt Whole Foods is a great store. I loved it when we'd travel and go to Whole Foods before it came into my city. Now that we have a few here, it's not so novel. Smile There's plenty of great natural grocery stores that carry similar products.

I do enjoy it, but I find myself shopping at another similar but smaller store more often.

You're not missing THAT much. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Don't worry Irishrose.Kiss

Super Contributor

I hope we can all show respect for individual preferences and not allow these petty issues to separate us. We're a strong force of women- who really want the best for one another. Don't we ???

I just hate some of the sarcastic tone I detect in these posts... but then it's hard to know in the written word the real intention of the poster.

I've learned so much from all of you and respect your opinions. I'd only ask the same.. We certainly don't need to agree on everything.. that's not what I'm saying at all. There's a respectful way to disagree. Most of you know exactly my point.

Funloving, I agree that it's sometimes hard to read "tone" just from the written word. Maybe I can offer some reassurance. I haven't "read" or "heard" any sarcasm or any poster showing a lack of respect for another.

I totally agree that we are indeed a strong force of women, as you said. And it has been my experience that we support and help each other. I've never seen rude or "unhelpful" comments made, especially from the regular posters. There have been a few sparse snarky posts scattered here or there, but they have come from posters who have not aligned themselves with the larger group, i.e. they have kept themselves removed from the body of posters.

I think we work well together, for the welfare of each poster and for the strength of the group. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor
On 5/27/2014 Irishrose136 said:

Funloving, I agree that it's sometimes hard to read "tone" just from the written word. Maybe I can offer some reassurance. I haven't "read" or "heard" any sarcasm or any poster showing a lack of respect for another.

I totally agree that we are indeed a strong force of women, as you said. And it has been my experience that we support and help each other. I've never seen rude or "unhelpful" comments made, especially from the regular posters. There have been a few sparse snarky posts scattered here or there, but they have come from posters who have not aligned themselves with the larger group, i.e. they have kept themselves removed from the body of posters.

I think we work well together, for the welfare of each poster and for the strength of the group. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I appreciate your take Irishrose. You're here more than I am, and I respect your viewpoint. I picked up on some friction that probably was a figment of my imagination... {#emotions_dlg.lol}