Contributor

I am really sick of seeing Jose Maran alllllllll the time.  After purchasing her $100 Argan Oil and getting sun poisening, I will never buy another one of her products.  I felt I should have gotten my money back but I did not.  I used it for a while and suddently noticed itching on my chest and neck, it was exactly like sun poisening and I was not even out in the sun.

Respected Contributor

@kat7 Well, that is horrible...I use her argan oil & have had no problems at all & it does not cost 100.00. I have used it indoors during the day without problem. I use it at night to seal in moisture & use her spf during the day. Sounds like more of an allergic reaction.

Honored Contributor

You state it was sun poisoning, but if you had no sun exposure, it could not have been actual "sun poisoning".

You may have had an allergic reaction, argon oil comes from a nut, or an allergy to one of the other ingredients.

Many, many women use it and have never had the reaction you describe, including myself and  at 64, I've used it for at least 10 years

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

You can't blame JM because your skin didn't react well to the product.  It's not like everyone has that bad reaction.  You don't need to watch if you are not interested in her products but others are!

Honored Contributor

JM has never claimed argan oil prevents "sun poisening."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

And I dont Smiley Happy

Contributor

I said it was LIKE sun poisoning.  I think it went bad.  It was too big of a bottle and I used it sparingly.  I am not allergic to anything like that having used it for half a bottle.  I do not think she sells the big bottle anymore, not sure.  I am just afraid to purchase anymore of her products because of my experience.

Contributor

I meant to say it was like sun poison.....

Contributor

Did you try and call her.I had an issue with a product that I purchased on QVC.I called her company and they sent me a different product for free.They were very nice and extremely helpful.

Never hurts to ask.

Honored Contributor

@kat7I doubt what sounds like an allergy was actually Josie's fault -  thousands of us use her products from large jars and small so there are bound to be a few of us react with an allergy.  I doubt there are many beauty or drug products that don't cause an allergic reaction in some users.  Sorry you became one this time.

As for being sick of seeing anyone on QVC -   when we get to the point that we can have our own personal programs, you can avoid her but in the meantime you have to continue to tune out when you don't want to see her. 

That's my procedure -  I don't watch what I really don't want to buy and I also don't watch when I don't want to buy anything at all.