Super Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics snail slime is correct

I was a bit grossed out when I first heard that snail secretion filtrate was in the CC+ cream, but that lasted all of 5 minutes when I did my research. Now, it doesn't bother me at all. Here's an article from ABC News from back in October about it; I found it rather enlightening. I especially love that it helps with acne (scarring and prevention), which is one of my biggest skin issues. I'm also glad that the snails aren't hurt in the process. It may be hype, but there is science behind it. I love the CC+ cream and will continue to use it. It's an individual choice, though, and everyone is free to do just that: choose.

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2015 MalteseMomma said:

{#emotions_dlg.sad} So where do they get hyaluronic acid?

while I'm asking where does glucosamine come from?

these are honest questions I'm asking because I don't know

Hyaluronic Acid usually comes from rooster combs, but I've read that it can also come from cows eyes.

Super Contributor

On 1/9/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I'd much rather have snail slime in my skincare than eat my own placenta. I can't believe there are people who do that!!!

JLF I totally agree with you. To the OP I will tell you something that is really "ewww." Women in Asia allow the snail to slide along their skin directly to get the most direct effect of the slime. Otherwise having snail secretions in beauty products is actually beneficial. Do you see the slime or smell it? No. You pitched a good product with benefits because you can not get the idea of snail slime out of your head. Granted you have every right to do that but you are also denying yourself the benefits. You could do a lot worse than some slime you don't see or feel. Do you eat Jello, honey, eggs, pork rinds, meat etc... the list goes on and on. What about Argan Oil, it comes from an animals rear end gets cleaned and processed.

Super Contributor

On 1/10/2015 Katluvr58 said:

I'd much rather have snail slime in my skincare than eat my own placenta. I can't believe there are people who do that!!!

JLF I totally agree with you. To the OP I will tell you something that is really "ewww." Women in Asia allow the snail to slide along their skin directly to get the most direct effect of the slime. Otherwise having snail secretions in beauty products is actually beneficial. Do you see the slime or smell it? No. You pitched a good product with benefits because you can not get the idea of snail slime out of your head. Granted you have every right to do that but you are also denying yourself the benefits. You could do a lot worse than some slime you don't see or feel. Do you eat Jello, honey, eggs, pork rinds, meat etc... the list goes on and on. What about Argan Oil, it comes from an animals rear end gets cleaned and processed.

Oh Kat, gotta love ya! Where have you been? Hope you're doing well.

Just wanted to jump in just in case the snit hits the fan and goes awry. I admit, this gave me a chuckle so thanks, it was needed! But I see where you were going with it and you may be thinking of Emu oil? It's said to be extracted from the fat of the bird. I think musk oil is a glandular extraction, isn't it? Hmmm, I don't remember.

But anyway, good to see you Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 1/10/2015 MalteseMomma said:

{#emotions_dlg.sad} So where do they get hyaluronic acid?

while I'm asking where does glucosamine come from?

these are honest questions I'm asking because I don't know

Hyaluronic Acid usually comes from rooster combs, but I've read that it can also come from cows eyes.

There are many botanical sources as well. Mostly synthesized from yeast fermentation I believe.
Super Contributor

On 1/10/2015 magemay said:

Just wanted to jump in just in case the snit hits the fan and goes awry. I admit, this gave me a chuckle so thanks, it was needed! But I see where you were going with it and you may be thinking of Emu oil? It's said to be extracted from the fat of the bird. I think musk oil is a glandular extraction, isn't it? Hmmm, I don't remember.

Hi Magemay, things get a bit snarky on here so I was taking a break. Nice to see you also. You are right Emu is bird fat and yet it is one of the best oils. I could be wrong and I am lazy but I think musk comes from deer glands. The one that got me was pork rinds. I just started to eat them when the big carb diet thing started and I liked them until I saw what they were. I still like them but I have to really not think about it and I only have them once in a blue moon. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Argan oil was at one time harvested from goat poo. The goats would climb the trees and eat the fruit. Their digestive system makes the pits easier to crack. So people would go through their poo and extract the oil.

If you google "argan oil goats," you'll get a ton of hits. But from what I understand, this is rarely the way Argan oil is extracted these days.

Yes, musk is a glandular secretion, from male musk deers. It's banned now, but unfortunately, some still poach. The musk in perfume has been synthetically derived since the ban several decades ago.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Thank you again for sending me those samples, awhile back. What is your current snail slime product, if you're still using Korean? I know you recently jumped in with both feet to the Skinn pool. Are you all Skinn now?

Super Contributor

Hi Magemay, things get a bit snarky on here so I was taking a break. Nice to see you also. You are right Emu is bird fat and yet it is one of the best oils. I could be wrong and I am lazy but I think musk comes from deer glands. The one that got me was pork rinds. I just started to eat them when the big carb diet thing started and I liked them until I saw what they were. I still like them but I have to really not think about it and I only have them once in a blue moon. Smiley Happy

My mom used to make pork with the skin (she called it the rind) on and roast it so that the skin would be crispy, we called it cracklin once it was cooked. Ugggg when we were children, we were to eat what was on your plate, but I would hide it in my napkin, which was easy because it was always on my lap, lol.

Never mind those posters, Kat, just scroll past them. Hope to see you around more often. Smiley Happy

Oh, btw...... the Emu oil. There was a rumor, misinformation about harvesting methods that said it was squeezed from the glands of the rear end kind. I thought maybe you caught wind (oh no, lol, no pun intended!) of the rumor and that's what you were referencing in your post about Argan and maybe confused it with Emu Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2015 F1wilder said:

Thank you again for sending me those samples, awhile back. What is your current snail slime product, if you're still using Korean? I know you recently jumped in with both feet to the Skinn pool. Are you all Skinn now?

You're welcome F1! Not quite all SKINN yet, but I've made a pretty good dent with it Wink. I'm still using a Korean essence and Vitamin C on a regular basis. I almost lost confidence in the OST/C20 Vitamin C when the first bottle started changing color after a month. I had a second bottle so I pitched the first one and found a pump dispenser from another old product bottle to put in the second. It's working great. I don't use it on a regular basis, but I do have the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream for an as needed product. I also still use IT CC+ Cream quite often, even though I experiment with other BB's, CC's, and foundations.