Honored Contributor

Re: Issues with Skinn Products

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs wrote:

I was watching Skinn on Evine and decided to read about the Pep 40 Creme.

In reading some reviews about it on Evine, some reviewers  are saying things about Skinn Products,  (not just the Pep 40 Creme)

That the delivery systems on products in his line are not

working,  he is adding chemicals now,  he is adding

strong scents.  Have you noticed any of this in his new

products? 

@CherryHugs  Rather than listen to scare tactics, why don't you read the actual ingredient decks and research them?  That way you can draw your own conculsion on if you believe the ingredients are acceptable to you or not. 

As for fragrance, I dont know the ingredient decks by heart but there are some ingredients that have a naturally occuring scent.  Some may be stronger than other but I don't know that there is any added fragrance.  I haven't smelled anything overly strong or offputing in anything I use.  And if there is any kind of scent, I've found it to be momentarily pleasant but not lingering

About the delivery systems - there was a problem initially with the Line Lift Serum.  Between Evine and Skinn, they made things right with anyone who complained to them by giving them a credit or replacing the product.  It's an excellent product and the problem has been resolved by using a longer straw inside the can now.  Dimitri actually talked about this during a presentation I was watching.  Unfortunately, the reviews online were more about the delivery system than the actual effectiveness of the product and once they're posted they can't be amended or removed.  

The vacuum jars with the press down top.  Many people don't like the idea of dipping fingers into a jar.  For them, this is probably the most sanitary way there is to dispense a cream.  Some products are thicker than others so they don't always find their way to settle at the center/bottome of the jar.  I never had an issue with this when I was using the Creme Reverse except at the very end of the jar when I'd open it up for a few more uses.  The Pep 40 Creme is a bit thicker of a product so it make sense that it's not going to settle in to the lowest point inside the jar.  Yes, I have to whack it against the heel of my hand to get it to move, but I don't consider that a big deal or reason not to buy something that works so well.  By whackiing it, I still can get to the point where most is gone and I open it up for a few more uses to finish up the jar.  The packaging complaints about the airless jars are pretty ridiculous, IMO.  

Respected Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@hopi

... and did you see those eyebrows?  I think it's what referred to as microblading.  Not a good look on Dimitri.

It’s bad enough there’s always a hate thread when Dimitri comes on, but to cut down a person’s looks, is unforgivable and totally pathetic.  If you don’t like his products, don’t buy it.  It’s that simple.  There’s a lot of products I don’t care for, but if  I started a thread about them all,

i’d Be busy all day, but then again, you all must have all the time in the world on your hands.  Sounds pretty lonely to me.  

Trusted Contributor

I do have some concern about getting the product out of the bottom of the container. It feels like there is some product in my Radiance Crème, and I can't get it out. I can't see to twist it open. Does anyone know if those push down tops twist off? Thank you,
Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

There WAS a problem with the delivery sytem of one of his recent Deep Wrinkle  products- this was the problem: It was to be dispensed as an oxygen rich foam and the bottle's spout  clogged for some people- I LOVE this product and have never had any problems, but I know that some people very vigorously complained about it..

A couple of years ago he did change the pink serum..But I still like it..Maybe some people couldnt adjust

Everything on Earth is technically a chemical, air is oxygen and nitrogen and carbon dioxide (and other gasses)..all are chenicals..Water is also a chemical, made up of hydrogen and oxygen.. I am not sure what they mean by "adding chemicals" - every thing organic is a chemical compound..

Many of his products are scented, in fact, that seems to be what many love about them, especially his creamy cleanser! yummmm!

He makes a vast array of products, for ALL skin types, Some of his products do not work for me, personaly, since my skin is not overly dry, and I generally do not wear foundation, but I DO use and love christmas party 2017 me.jpgmany of his products and have ben using them for about 5 years..

Here is a picture of me around Christmas, I will be 60 in about a month.. I am a believer...

You look great! What products do you use?

Frequent Contributor

I use many of his products and love them! Most have worked but I have sent some back. My skin looks great. When I turned on the show today, he looks like a botox/filler mess! What the heck, Dimitri!  Hate it when  these people peddle their products yet use fillers and injections.

Frequent Contributor

Some do twist off.

Honored Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:
I do have some concern about getting the product out of the bottom of the container. It feels like there is some product in my Radiance Crème, and I can't get it out. I can't see to twist it open. Does anyone know if those push down tops twist off? Thank you,

Yes, @MarieIG, the top portion of the jar should twist off - not the actual part you press down but the outer band.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you!
Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

Oh my, Why didn't I see that before! LOL. Where is the embarrassed emotie? At least I won't be trashing product.
Do the math.
Respected Contributor

I tried many products of his...I had to throw alot out.  Just did nothing, or broke me out.  The pore mask, does not clean pores, Collagenis line  didn't improve my skin at all, that liquid toner/softener was like sticky soap, and couple other creams were useless, for me.  Same for his lip creams and ointments.   Obviously I kept trying many of his products  hoping for a good one, and many people seem to like them.  He also puts up a good sales presentation,  very convincing...But, that's it for me, can't order from his line anymore.  Just my opinion...don't take it personal those of you who love him..LOL