Honored Contributor

Issues with Skinn Products

[ Edited ]

I was watching Skinn on Evine and decided to read about the Pep 40 Creme.

In reading some reviews about it on Evine, some reviewers  are saying things about Skinn Products,  (not just the Pep 40 Creme)

That the delivery systems on products in his line are not

working,  he is adding chemicals now,  he is adding

strong scents.  Have you noticed any of this in his new

products? 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Issues with Skinn Products

@CherryHugs wrote:

I was watching Skinn on Evine and decided to read about the Pep 40 Creme.

In reading some reviews about it on Evine, some reviewers  are saying things about Skinn Products,  (not just the Pep 40 Creme)

That the delivery systems on products in his line are not

working,  he is adding chemicals now,  he is adding

strong scents.  Have you noticed any of this in his new

products? 

Skinn has always had chemicals, dyes and strong scents.  Dimitri has so much botox during this appearance it is hard to understand what he is saying.

My skin  had serious problems with his line.

Super Contributor

Last night he went on a don about his hectic lifestyle sitting no time for "fillers" or procedures.

Bottom line is in any brand some products you will like and others you will not. I use Skinn but also use other lines.

I enjoy watching beauty shows, I trust my gut, I buy what I like, return what I need to, and shop knowing not to fall for a hard sell.
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs  I've been using his products for almost 2 years (Collagenesis Deep Wrinkle) and there hasn't been any change to the scents or products that I can detect. Also, the one product I do know he had issues with regarding the delivery system has been fixed.

The Pep40 has the same pushdown top that many other products use: keeps it sanitary and you don't waste product. Air can't get into the jar. I LOVE that type of delivery system and wish all products used it (be it jar or bottle, it works well).

Other products in his line didn't work for me but NO line is 100%perfect for everyone. 

As for fillers and botox; no biggie. You still need to keep your SKIN looking good or you're wasting the money being spent on any procedure. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There WAS a problem with the delivery sytem of one of his recent Deep Wrinkle  products- this was the problem: It was to be dispensed as an oxygen rich foam and the bottle's spout  clogged for some people- I LOVE this product and have never had any problems, but I know that some people very vigorously complained about it..

A couple of years ago he did change the pink serum..But I still like it..Maybe some people couldnt adjust

Everything on Earth is technically a chemical, air is oxygen and nitrogen and carbon dioxide (and other gasses)..all are chenicals..Water is also a chemical, made up of hydrogen and oxygen.. I am not sure what they mean by "adding chemicals" - every thing organic is a chemical compound..

Many of his products are scented, in fact, that seems to be what many love about them, especially his creamy cleanser! yummmm!

He makes a vast array of products, for ALL skin types, Some of his products do not work for me, personaly, since my skin is not overly dry, and I generally do not wear foundation, but I DO use and love christmas party 2017 me.jpgmany of his products and have ben using them for about 5 years..

Here is a picture of me around Christmas, I will be 60 in about a month.. I am a believer...

Respected Contributor

Skinn products are way too heavy/greasy for me.  I have oily skin and they just made it worse.  Returned everything I bought except for one item that works great - the Enriched Softening Essence.  It has just enough coconut in it to moisturize w/o weighing my face down and making it an oil slick.  I use this as my moisturizer.  It's light and effective.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@hopi

... and did you see those eyebrows?  I think it's what referred to as microblading.  Not a good look on Dimitri.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Not watching or even interested in this or any line much---I have so much to use up. And I am so weary of all the hype-----that is what makes me not watch.

Trusted Contributor

I like Dimitri. I think he is entertaining, and I enjoy watching him.

Contributor

I have used Skinn products for many years but I think I may switch to something else.  I just don't see any "deals" or nice kits anymore.  And I'm tired of my favorite products being discontinued or reformulated (as in the 24-hour Youth Preservation Cream being changed to the Elite).  And this visit...the Gucci outfits and too-much-botox completely distracted me from watching the presentations.  Sorry Dimitri.