Regular Contributor

Just saw a review of a new Tom Ford lipstick on Temptalia -- the shade is named F**king Fabulous.  Why -- just why?

Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair  Tom also has a fragrance with a similar name.  I believe he graves attention.  Sad.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Is this name necessary?

[ Edited ]

@RedRedHairKind of like "orgasm" on a blush....a sign of the times.  I don't pay much attention to it, but he may regret that name as I'm sure there will be some who won't buy it because of it.  Then there might be those who would buy it due to the name.  Clever advertising (which I'm sure was the whole point)...here we are discussing it!

BTW...I just took a peek at the lipstick color and I don't think it is so "Fkg" fabulous.

Honored Contributor

Is it necessary?  No.  Will it sell?  Absolutely.  Will I be a buyer? Probably not my color,

Honored Contributor

Re: Is this name necessary?

[ Edited ]

I am so tired of the F bomb.  I will not buy any product with that name as it offends me so much.  It's all over youtube....even among the beauty vloggers.  I immediately leave and don't go back to those channels.  If you can't think of a better word than that to describe or sell something....I think you better review your vocabulary and think hard.  That kind of language does not get anyone ahead in life.  In fact, quite the opposite.

Regular Contributor

@phoenixbrd That's true; however, can you imagine googling that name -- yikes!  Or walking up to the counter and asking for that shade -- LOL.  Better yet -- receiving a compliment and being asked the name of your lipstick -- LOL.

Honored Contributor

It's not necessary, but seems to be trending.

I saw some John Hardy jewelry with the same wording on it.  I suppose it is shocking to some  people and a day as usual for others.

Honored Contributor

Glad that I'm not a prude. My life is a lot happier. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair    It is the culture of todays youth/ younger generation who use this word and worse like drinking water..... it is just in their vocabulary... go on Face Book and see the trash and filthy things people say there.  It is only shocking to those who never use that language.  

Regular Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Maybe they don't know what the "F" word means.