Occasional Contributor

Re: Is the hype true about Beekman products?

Spoiler
Not hype, Love the Beekman soaps!  Last a long time, non drying.  Great gifts, on Evine today with great prices.  Don't us anything els.  Cancelled all my philosophy products.
Respected Contributor

Love their soaps. We mostly love the PURE choice as there is no scent and it is very moisturizing. I use other scents but everyone is different on what they like so it's a personal choice. I have sensitive skin and can use all their scents. I have my favorites though. 

Honored Contributor

Do they still use mineral oil or C13-14 paraffin in their hand creams, both are from pertoleum, which they say they dont use, but they sure are listed on the Evine site of ingredients?

Trusted Contributor

There are many small goat farms that sell products online for much less money.  I would check the percentage of goats milk in the soap.  True, they may not have all the products that the boys sell.  Grocery store soap (Dial, Irish Spring, etc.) is full of chemicals and not good for your skin.  Never, ever use those body soaps to wash your face!   My husband breaks out using those. 

I purchase glycerine soap and the last I bought had goats milk in it.  I do the melt and pour into molds.  I used to purchase it at Wisteria Lane (online), but they closed after 25 years so now I'm going to go to Stephenson's (online) which was recommended to me by someone who makes lye soap and sells it. 

Regular Contributor

I have ordered a few of their products.  Love the goats, love the guys...but the products - especially the cleansing cloths have actually made my skin burn.  No redness, but I can only use them occasionally and not more than one day at a time...

Trusted Contributor

We like the bar soap. The rest is just ok. The pump on liquid soap are of poor design, they squirt all over not in your hand. The new "Pure" face creams look to be full of chemicals.

That said we continue to buy the bar soap. I do believe they are marketing genius. But I do not buy 3 men do all the farming and gardens themselves, I've done that work and I believe that would be impossible to do. The farm is too pristine.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never used the bar soaps, but I do have the collection of body washes.  I find that they are not quite moisturizing enough for me, at least in the winter, which is why I stick to Philosophy.  However, the Juniper Springs body wash smells heavenly, and I wish that it was in a spray fragrance for summer.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

I love LOVE the plain, unscented products. Now I will never be without the lip balm. The bar soap DH uses always in the shower. I borrow the soap for my legs in the bath. (Luxurious treat)

LOVE THE wipes too!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Yes, I use the soap daily. It is great to shave you legs with, in place of shaving cream. 

Honored Contributor

thank you all! I decided to try the goat milk (unscented) soap. I'm highly allergic to perfumes, vanilla scents, etc. - it's wierd used to be a Amazing Grace lover but time to change. I find the new product has a "synthetic" scent - I can't wait to try this soap!

My son & GD will be here when it gets delivered - my GD has very sensitive skin so her mom thinks she might want to try for GD & son since chemo needed something less abrasive on his skin.

Thanks again!