Respected Contributor

Re: Is eau de parfum too strong for everyday use?

I think it's subjective. What one person perceives as light might be overwhelming to another. I can't wear anything with fragrance around my sister, who is extremely sensitive to fragrance. When she visited once, I had to put my reed diffuser in the GARAGE because she was able to smell it anywhere in the house. So to her, anything is "too strong".

Trusted Contributor

Shalimar, now there's a blast from the past!  I used to love wearing it back in the day (70's, yep, I'm old).  But, on me, Shalimar ends up smelling like a chocolate chip cookie, LOL.  The top notes disappear and the sweet, warm, spicy vanilla scents linger.  Another one I used to love back then was Emeraude.  Then I adored Estee Lauder Beautiful in my 20's (can't stand it now, lol).  I prefer Chanel No. 5 and Caleche nowadays but I'm fascinated how my taste in fragrance has changed as I've gotten older.

Anyway, when it comes to fragrance, the less applied the better.

Honored Contributor

Don't use as much.  Just a touch behind each ear and once on one wrist and don't use the body lotion with it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

In my opinion it would determine how much you put on at a time and if you skin is oily or dry as if your skin is dry it will not last long on your skin.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Wow I haven't heard the name Shalimar since the 70's! I didn't know it still was out there. 

I wore Shalimar when I was in high school.  I did not know it was still made.  

Valued Contributor

KatCat1--Amen to not using the body lotion with the EDP. On QVC's presentation, they talked about layering the two. No way! Before receiving the set, I thought I might be able to wear the lotion in the day, thinking it would be lighter, and save the EDP for the evenings. To my surprise, though, I found the lotion to be much stronger than the EDP. During the presentation, the hostess was applying it all over her arms. I would have to just dab a few spots. Never will use both together.