Valued Contributor

I love their original foundation and have used it off &I on for many years. My questions is, does wearing a primer, non- silicone type, somehow affect the "buffing" results? I buff &a buff, like they state but the powder doesn't melt into the skin. It's like when you get that slick coating on your pressed powder. My skin looks slick in some areas and the mineral powder isn't going to meld with my skin... hope this is making sense. Please help, I'm totally perplexed! Thanks girls...

Respected Contributor

Re: BareMineral experts, help!

[ Edited ]

@cactusjack If your wearing a rich face spf cream that does not sink into your skin that could cause a problem or if you do not let your primer dry down or try it without primer If you do not use a very small amount & buff well then add more if you want more coverage. Has your skin type changed? It does have a subtle glow but it should not cause that problem. Any of those things that may cause the problem? I don't use any type of face oil with that foundation. PS What type of brush do you use? The one the Q included in the Dec. TSV does not work well at all, you know the one with the well in the center. Horrible for that foundation.

Valued Contributor

Kabella, yes thank you . I may be using skin care that doesn't sink it totally in that I usually use 2~4 products ( a serum & lotions) and then I use Too Face hangover primer which is a silicone free primer... I use the full buki that is in the recent kit that comes with the rose gold makeup bag. This is my favorite brush. I agree about the brush with the well in the middle, that one is terrible.  I could be using too much minerals at first but there aren't any that you can see on the brush when I start application. My skin type really hasn't changed except a little dryer due to weather. I have combo skin leaning towards more oily then dry... my skin is older since I first started using bareminerals, lol, but I've never gotten that your skin but better look... so, I may try less products and less amount of the bareminerals to see if this helps. I so appreciate your well thought out response. Very helpful! 

Respected Contributor

Your welcome!
Honored Contributor

I use Primetime primer or Smashbox primer (they are exactly the same to me) and they both work with the loose and Ready for me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Kabella are you talking about the white bristle brush with the bristles that flare out around the sides? I agree that it does not work well for BE foundation. I'm not sure what to use it for! I like a pretty dense buffing brush for my BE foundation but I got the deluxe foundation last year and it came with that flared white brush.
Regular Contributor

@cactusjack- you might want to watch this YouTube video for some ideas to help you. 

Shelbey Ashburn BareMinerals tutorial

I also want to add... It is incredibly helpful to do one side of your face first to know what kind of coverage you need. After that, you can apply in any order you want, but until you know how much coverage you need, try the one side of the face trick. 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Honored Contributor

Are you letting the primer dry or set before applying the foundation? I don't have any issues with my primer and BM foundation. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Thank you, thank you ladies for all of your input !  I honestly appreciate them all! 

I take in every advice and try to make it useful to me ! 

Respected Contributor

@TasMss Yes! Shelby is excellent for appyling BM loose mineral. all things BM.