Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Loud Eyeshadow making a comeback?

I really don't care for anything that looks unnatural, so loud, blue eye shadow is out for me. I agree w/ a beigy-taupe.

I've been using the IT contour palette, The shade is called soft contour.

Esteemed Contributor

The brights are being marketed to us at every turn be it full blown ads or subtle placement on counter displays.  I'm not really a fan of of this type of shadow color, but I have plenty of real estate on my almond shaped eyelids, so I may buy a couple colors to play around with occasionally.  

I have noticed that even some of the so called nude colors are showing up with more punch.  That's probably why the last Urban Decay Naked palette was called Cherry with those reddish tones. Smashbox has added a few bright palettes to their Cover Shot line: Ablaze, Ultra Violet, Sunlit Yellow, Bold Glitter, and Pinks & Palms.  Pinks & Palms is a way I might dip my toe into this colored water.  The mint green color is awful, but although they are bright the pinks appear to be very wearable. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the Smashbox Cover Shot Ablaze & it isn’t as loud as some of the ones pictured on this thread. They did introduce a year or so ago Cover Shot Bold (picture below) which is on their website with Bold Glitter. Those are ‘loud’.  I tend to use navy blue color either as an eye liner or in the outer corner of the eyes if using a shadow.

99F7A5F9-2002-4286-82AE-617A9B3DC9A7.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Bold eyeshadow has been popular for quite some time now.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel  - I do hope you do a review on the eyeshadow pallettes.  I like to experiment with different colors myself and as long as it's blended well,  it can look very becoming. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's the instagram makeup trends that percolate to the public through social media outlets and beauty influencers and this year blue eyeshadow palettes are big. Last year it was more warm colors like orange shadows. I look silly wearing these kinds of bright colors though. I wear neutral shadows only.

Frequent Contributor

Take a look at the palette’s coming out, several that are all blue/cool/icy looking.