Honored Contributor

Re: Is Loud Eyeshadow making a comeback?

Harris Faulkner is so gorgeous. She could wear anything and make it look good.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark, she can get away with alot with those big eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

NOT ON MY FACE!

In the last 30 or so years ... a smokey taupe is the only color I've worn ... and the only color I will ever wear.  I don't like the idea of callng attention to any one particular feature. 

just purged my makeup drawer....i'd love a smokey taupe.....do you have a suggestion for me....i'd appreciate it....

Respected Contributor

If I put shadow on that dark it looks like I have been punched in the eye LOL!

On Harris well it looked like she could do the cover of Vogue!

Honored Contributor

I never watch those types of news channel so I have no idea who that is.

But I do agree that loud, colorful eyeshadow is very fashionable right now. Blue shadow is back, of all things. Jeffrey Star and Tarte just released blue shadow palettes.

This is the Jeffrey Star palette (which looks a bit disconcertingly like a casket when closed.)

And Tarte started the blue trend back up when they created a joke palette for April Fools a year ago called the "Icy *****" palette. It's not a swear word but I don't care to use the soundalike term they coined.

Musings of Muse (blogger) wearing the Tarte colors.

For great videos about bright color shadows, try Angelica Nyqvist's Youtube channel. She does thoughtful reviews of colorful look options.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtprmU3fba3sDaxxs-FjqwQ

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Frequent Contributor

I own the tarte palette and love it. I can use it dry for a light wash of color or use it wet for a more intense payoff. It's truly lovely. But I don't go to the extreme like these people in your pictures. They look downright scary! 

Mint green, blues and corals... used with a very light hand are definitely in for spring.

Trusted Contributor

NARS has a beautiful single shadow in China blue. Estée Lauder also has a nice blue 5 color palette.
Honored Contributor

I didn't realize it ever "left"..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I never watch those types of news channel so I have no idea who that is.

But I do agree that loud, colorful eyeshadow is very fashionable right now. Blue shadow is back, of all things. Jeffrey Star and Tarte just released blue shadow palettes.

This is the Jeffrey Star palette (which looks a bit disconcertingly like a casket when closed.)

And Tarte started the blue trend back up when they created a joke palette for April Fools a year ago called the "Icy *****" palette. It's not a swear word but I don't care to use the soundalike term they coined.

Musings of Muse (blogger) wearing the Tarte colors.

For great videos about bright color shadows, try Angelica Nyqvist's Youtube channel. She does thoughtful reviews of colorful look options.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtprmU3fba3sDaxxs-FjqwQ

@Porcelain   I love Angelica Nyqvist!!  She is one of the people who inspires me.  I went through a bit of a crisis a little while back and almost convinced myself that I am getting too old to wear colorful eyeshadow.  What a bummer that would've been!!

I am currently waiting on 2 of the palettes shown here: the Tarte one and the one in Angelica's thumbnail photo, which is the MaxUp The MakeUp Flower Child palette.  

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I'm on the lookout for a good navy shadow.  Morphe has a great navy, but it comes in a palette of a ton of shadows I would never wear.

Bobbi Brown has a real  nice Navy eyeshadow in a single pan. I know her products are expensive but it is worth it as her pans are larger than any other company and the shadow will  last a very long time. I was ins search for a Navy e/s for a long time and found this one and love the color. I use it as an lower lid eyeliner. In fact when I bought it the sales woman said it makes a really nice eyeliner.