Honored Contributor

One person's toxin is another person's acceptable basic ingredient. These are personal, individual decisions.

For me, with cosmetics and body products I limit parabens but don't totally avoid them. I limit fragrances more because there's no functional reason to include them and they can cause contact dermatitis cumulatively. Contact dermatitis is the main safety concern for most ingredient warnings.

Things like talc are only problematic if used on sanitary napkins like ladies used to do in the 50s. Probably shouldn't inhale any powder deeply on a regular basis. There are sensible ways to limit exposure to ingredients that can cause problems over time.

As people like to say, natural does not automatically mean safe either. Poison ivy is natural. Castor oil is a popular health remedy, but the castor bean that makes the oil also makes deadly ricin. Science and attention to detail can make all the difference.

It's super important that you pick a product brand that you can trust to formulate according to your needs and philosophy.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

A perfect example...Botox. @Porcelain