Occasional Contributor

Re: Im in search of a new eye cream......

Thanks for that tip LovemyBe. I just looked up the Bobbie Brown Hydrating Eye cream. Ouch! It's over $50.00 for half an ounce. And, when I looked up the ingredients, it said it contains:

"Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel Extract: Soothe and comfort. And, Jojoba Seed, Avocado Oil and Squalane to hydrate.."

That's a lot of money for some very simple natural ingredients that you can buy at a health food store.

Does it really hydrate that well? I used to use Jojoba seed and squalane oil on my whole face and under eyes, but I never liked the way oils feel on my skin. I prefer creams, especially in the summer.

Super Contributor

Serious Skin Care Revitalift Eye Cream. I am on my third tube. I also use argon oil.

Valued Contributor

I use Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment With Avacado every single night and it is one product that I consistently re-purchase. I love it because it never migrates into my eyes (that is a point they advertise regarding this product as well). It keeps my eyes well hydrated while I sleep. It is too rich, for me, to wear during the day. I am using Acure's eye cream during the day, but I am interested in trying the Mad Hippie eye cream as well. I have used RetinA for so long that I can use it under and at the corners of my eyes without reaction, so I do that every other night and then layer the Kiehl's on top. I am 66 and I believe that it is critical to keep the area around my eyes hydrated and moisturized.

Valued Contributor

Last nine months or so I've been using Estée Lauder Renutriv. It's pricey, but one jar lasts about ten months. I also really like a Chanel one.
Esteemed Contributor

Ole Henriksen's Ultimate Eye Firming Gel. It is an overnight night eye treatment and over time it does ward off wrinkles and crepiness, and helps with darkness. Ole has an Ultimate Cream for daytime available from QVC, but I have not tried it yet.

Valued Contributor

CeraVe just launched an eye cream and I bought it two days ago. Absorbs well, not greasy, hydrates and smooths. It was $10 with a coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond. CVS also has it. This eye cream has ceramides, ha, niacinamide, and a marine complex, according to the box.

Valued Contributor

On 2/18/2014 nunu4u said:

CeraVe just launched an eye cream and I bought it two days ago. Absorbs well, not greasy, hydrates and smooths. It was $10 with a coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond. CVS also has it. This eye cream has ceramides, ha, niacinamide, and a marine complex, according to the box.

I like CeraVe products! I will look for this one at CVS....the price point is good and it is a line frequently recommended by derms. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2014 ILK said:

Thanks for that tip LovemyBe. I just looked up the Bobbie Brown Hydrating Eye cream. Ouch! It's over $50.00 for half an ounce. And, when I looked up the ingredients, it said it contains:

"Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel Extract: Soothe and comfort. And, Jojoba Seed, Avocado Oil and Squalane to hydrate.."

That's a lot of money for some very simple natural ingredients that you can buy at a health food store.

Does it really hydrate that well? I used to use Jojoba seed and squalane oil on my whole face and under eyes, but I never liked the way oils feel on my skin. I prefer creams, especially in the summer.

For me, it really does hydrate well. It refreshes & plumps up the whole area too, without feeling greasy. I hate oils on my face and although this may contain some, it's still a light fluffy cream. I'm talking of the hydrating eye cream. The extra repair one, I have a large sample (those little jars). The hydrating eye cream, I purchased the deluxe double sized jar for just under $75. I'll only buy during a sale or the deluxe size which saved me $25.
Respected Contributor

I am over 50 & I need moisture around my eyes. I bought both Bobbi Brown eye cream & balm & I don't care for either. Alone or layered. I also have tried oils, face creams, & tons of eye creams. My 2 favorites that I have used for a while are Mac Mineralize Charged Water & Nuance Salma Hayek (CVS) Anti Aging Smoothing Eye Cream-in a tube. Anything that says firming/tightening on it seems to make my eye area look dry.

Honored Contributor

For day I'm loving' Bobby Brown's Extra Eye Repair Cream. Very emollient, with some (not too much) white pigment, just enough that I do not need a concelear.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras