Frequent Contributor

Re: Im in search of a new eye cream......

I like the various options from PTR.

Recently I ordered an eye cream from Bliss - they have begun to offer a new line that's labeled "99.0" or something along those lines. Eye cream is divine, but pricey. The granulated foaming face cleanser is just about perfect in my opinion. Kiss

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2014 Harpa said:
On 1/20/2014 CraZLadE said:

I'm in need of an eye cream too but there are SO many to choose from and realistically none of them have done much. I still have the same wrinkles, crows feet and everything else, so I don't think they do much. I use organic oils now like argan and coconut oil which I basically use on my entire face and body and I think they are good enough since like I said, I haven't seen an eye cream that really makes a difference anyway!

I think that the most they (or most) can do is hydrate the eye area, maybe plump it up a bit (depending on the ingredients). It's the treatment things (acids & retinol) that can ease away fine lines, soften wrinkles and smooth rough texture.

I still love Victoria Principal's Reclaim eye cream and serum, which I use over top (for that extra support and hydration) of anything else I put on -- acids & moisturizer.

Agreed. One of these is always the first step for me (AHA or Retin-A) before the oil or eye cream.

Occasional Contributor

On 1/20/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 1/20/2014 Harpa said:
On 1/20/2014 CraZLadE said:

I'm in need of an eye cream too but there are SO many to choose from and realistically none of them have done much. I still have the same wrinkles, crows feet and everything else, so I don't think they do much. I use organic oils now like argan and coconut oil which I basically use on my entire face and body and I think they are good enough since like I said, I haven't seen an eye cream that really makes a difference anyway!

I think that the most they (or most) can do is hydrate the eye area, maybe plump it up a bit (depending on the ingredients). It's the treatment things (acids & retinol) that can ease away fine lines, soften wrinkles and smooth rough texture.

I still love Victoria Principal's Reclaim eye cream and serum, which I use over top (for that extra support and hydration) of anything else I put on -- acids & moisturizer.

Agreed. One of these is always the first step for me (AHA or Retin-A) before the oil or eye cream.

I like ROC Retinol Correction eye cream from the drugstore. Feels nice, not too expensive, hydrates the skin around the eyes and I feel good using an eye cream that contains retinol knowing that it can help keep future wrinkles at bay.....(at least I hope it will):-)

For immediate improvement for my under eye area I use the Instant Eye Tuck serum to help smooth and hide little tiny fine lines under my eyes. It stays on for like 10-12 hours. It's a little expensive, but one bottle lasts along time.

Some women love it and some don't so I suggest you buy the smaller sample bottle first to see if it will work for you.

Respected Contributor

I look for moisture in my eye cream. My skin is oily, but my eye area gets dehydrated easily & makes my eye area look really old. I've tried various oils & numerous eye creams. I love Mac Mineralize Charged Water Eye Cream. I also like Nuance Salma Hayek Anti Aging Smoothing Eye Cream in the tube. It doesn't keep me from looking for something better, so at the moment I also have tarte maracuja c-brighter eye treatment, Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream & Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream opened. I don't really care for any of them. They are okay, but aren't giving me the moisture that I need. Alone or layered.

Super Contributor

I am currently loving shiseido 24hour wrinkle eye cream . Hydration all day. All u need is a tiny bit to cover both eyes......it spreads like a jewel.
Super Contributor

My long time favorite is Bobbi Brown eye creams. I use the Hydrating Eye Cream during the day and the Extra Repair Eye Cream at night.

Contributor

I got a sample of Neo Strata Skin Actives Intensive Eye Therapy from Lovely Skin.cm Just WOW! Used one time and big difference in crepe- like sagging upper lid. It's claims to lift, firm and boost collagen. It's used once a day for 2 weeks, then twice a day after that. Whatever you choose, try to get a sample first to be sure it works for you.

Trusted Contributor

On "The Doctors" - they said to try Boots no7 Serum. That serums for the eye work better, because creams, just sit on the skin and serums absorb.

These are not my words, but the doctors - so no debate here.Wink

Drugstore.com- has Boots no7 on sale now , so I think I may give it a try. I am also looking for a new one, so we will see if this is "the one." Smile

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Contributor

On 1/22/2014 pinkie20 said:

I got a sample of Neo Strata Skin Actives Intensive Eye Therapy from Lovely Skin.cm Just WOW! Used one time and big difference in crepe- like sagging upper lid. It's claims to lift, firm and boost collagen. It's used once a day for 2 weeks, then twice a day after that. Whatever you choose, try to get a sample first to be sure it works for you.

I just have to get this, even tho it's out of budget. $75 It's made such a difference, I checked around and got it for $63.25 plus free shipping at The Skin Store.cm They had storewide 15% off until the 27th plus free shipping on anything over $49. The skin around my eyes is so soft and moist, it feels really good. No stinging or burning. It's non greasy and my eye shadow looks pretty without any primer.

Occasional Contributor

Crepey skin and tiny fine lines is my biggest issue under my eyes right now. If I use an eye cream that's too oily or moisturizing, it seems to make the area around my eyes look shiny and greasy and exaggerates those lines. I've struggled to find something that has a matte look but won't dry out my skin.

That's why I use two eye products - the Roc Eye Treatment and then I apply the Eye Tuck serum on top. The serum is a bit expensive, I think like $74.00 a small bottle. But, I found smaller travel bottles for half the price at antiagingbeautyzone.com

So far this works for me. But I might try the Strata Skin actives if you say it's not too greasy.