Respected Contributor

Re: If you have really good skin at age 60 plus....with no fillers or work work done...

Everything is hereditary, however, there are enough studies around that proclaim that you do have some control over your gene expression.

My equation would be a hovering 50/50 at any given point in your life, or a hovering 25/75 in either direction.

For me, when I was in 50's, I had to take way more control with sensible skincare, diet & exercise.

Honored Contributor

Re: If you have really good skin at age 60 plus....with no fillers or work work done...

Thank You all for sharing and making this thread an interesting collaboration of thoughts and ideas about aging and skin. I enjoyed reading the posts!

Yes...eventually we all will just BE OLD no matter the genes and DNA  we have or the super serums we apply. That is just a fact of life!

Of course that is if we are BLESSED to get OLD....  ❤️

Regular Contributor

Genetics. I'm 66 and no one can ever guess my age. When I was 40, people thought I was 25.  My Mom looks much younger than her 88 years, and my younger sister who is 55 is always mistaken for being in her 30's.

Respected Contributor

When your DIL wishes she had your skin, you know you must be doing something right LOL.

Honored Contributor

I have great skin at age 66---mostly genetics in my case but my mom pounded it in to me in my teens to take care of my skin!!! And the skincare is vastly improved too--I am a skincare addict---and have many things that work well for me----I don't use just one product brand but many--take any make up off at night and use sunscreen-----also drinking lots of water thru the day helps me too and trying to deal with stress is another thing I do--have had an emormous amount of that these past few years---stress really is the devil!!!!  But if I had a boatload of $$ I would do a few things like get rid of the bags under my eyes--something I have had all my life!!!