Occasional Contributor

i haven't posted for a long time but just wondered if people think IT cosmetics has gone the way philosophy did when it was sold? Constant new products, the cc cream is different and quantity now over quality? When some f our beloved brands sell it's just st not the same?

tioti
Esteemed Contributor

I love it and that is all I used. I ordered the upcoming tsv so I can't tell you if I think the CC cream has changed. I hope it doesn't change but I won't need to buy anything for a long time.

Trusted Contributor

Re: IT cosmetics

[ Edited ]

Well I can only attest to bareMinerals: last three purchases were returned. It used to be my 'tried & true' - I LOVED most of their products but not anymore. It's SO dissapointing. I really really miss the former quality of Bare Escentuals. 

Tried and loved some Mally products too, but that's not the same either. And why fall in love with a product when they will surely discontinue making it?

I tried a couple of IT items but it wasn't for me.

If any of these brands work for others - I'm happy for them. 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

The one thing I have noticed about IT and TooFaced cosmetics since they’ve been bought out is that both brands are launching products a lot ! Now, I have no idea why, and we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe, because the companies who bought them have more status and/or means to push out products, I don’t know. 

I hope for the customers sake that they don’t change. 

Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

Well I can only attest to bareMinerals: last three purchases were returned. It used to be my 'tried & true' - I LOVED most of their products but not anymore. It's SO dissapointing. I really really miss the former quality of Bare Escentuals. 

Tried and loved some Mally products too, but that's not the same either. And why fall in love with a product when they will surely discontinue making it?

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

Same here.  I wore the original BareMinerals for 8 or 10 years.  The last few items I bought I either returned or should have returned.  I still use Philosophy, but it isn't the same.  Mally was a favorite, but the last eyeshadow sticks I bought are not the same as the original so I won't order any more from her line.  IT--for me isn't all "it" is promoted to be.  Just doesn't work that well for me, so that is another line I probably won't order again. 

Trusted Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

The one thing I have noticed about IT and TooFaced cosmetics since they’ve been bought out is that both brands are launching products a lot ! Now, I have no idea why, and we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe, because the companies who bought them have more status and/or means to push out products, I don’t know. 

I hope for the customers sake that they don’t change. 

@Valid points for sure @wvumountiefan and my opinion whenever there's a change of ownership it's never good. Quality and uniqueness is compromised.

⚓️
Super Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

I love it and that is all I used. I ordered the upcoming tsv so I can't tell you if I think the CC cream has changed. I hope it doesn't change but I won't need to buy anything for a long time.

@I'm the same way @Ccasssaday, I love it and their makeup works really well for me. I can't wait to hear what you think of the new tsv!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecorator wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@I'm the same way @Ccasssaday, I love it and their makeup works really well for me. I can't wait to hear what you think of the new tsv!

I know I will love it because I already use most of the products. I am out of those I use so it was a very good deal. The only that I haven't used is the Illumination bye bye pores and the rose lip treatment. I do use the other color in the lip treatment so I am sure I will like the Rose. And of course all the brushes are fabulous.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@homedecorator wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

I know I will love it because I already use most of the products. I am out of those I use so it was a very good deal. The only that I haven't used is the Illumination bye bye pores and the rose lip treatment. I do use the other color in the lip treatment so I am sure I will like the Rose. And of course all the brushes are fabulous.

@ccassaday  My daughter was just visiting and she had the illumination bye bye pores powder which gave me a chance to try it. It was 50/50 for me. At 69, I think the illumination wasn’t a great look all over, but it did set my makeup. Don’t have enlarged pores, so can’t address that issue. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't notice a difference in the "IT" products, still love the make up.   It it quits working for me, I need to wonder if its the formula/company changing something or is it just my skin changing?  I have changed make up before because it stopped looking good, but I thnk it just might be my getting older and my skin changing too.

Deb