Frequent Contributor

IT cosmetics Confidence in a cream has the ingre. changed?

I used a whole jar of Confidence in a cream and loved it .Just started a new jar and my chin is peeling like crazy and it burns also my cheeks. I am wondering if they changed the ingr. since she sold the company.I threw my old jar out not thinking I would have this issue

Respected Contributor

Re: IT cosmetics Confidence in a cream has the ingre. changed?

@tiggeerrific5 wrote:

I used a whole jar of Confidence in a cream and loved it .Just started a new jar and my chin is peeling like crazy and it burns also my cheeks. I am wondering if they changed the ingr. since she sold the company.I threw my old jar out not thinking I would have this issue

@tiggeerrific5, why don't you do this? Check the ingredient list on the new jar you have against whatever source you bought it from (presumably Q, IT directly, Sephora, etc.--all should have an ingredient deck), and confirm your product matches. Then copy and past that deck here. I will pull my older jar (pre-sellout) and check the ingredients listed in it against your list and let you know any changes I see.

If the list of ingredients on your jar or box don't match the list given on the website of the source where you bought it, please note the differences.

If you bought it on eBay, though, never mind any of the above. You can't tell what you're getting there, and IT does not sell the Confidence Cream with a safety/security packaging.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes it takes using a product for awhile for any allergy type reactions to take place... it is very possible that you are now just showing an allergy reaction  to something in the formulation.  Not all skin issues with a product show up right away.    

Honored Contributor

@noodleann

What a sweet thing to offer to do for the OP, using your time and effort!

But then again, you're just like that!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@tiggeerrific5 wrote:

@tiggeerrific5

Its not unusual at all for ingredients in products to change after the sale of the company to a large corporation like L'Oreal, where it's all about using cheaper ingredients whenever possible to increase their profit margin, vs. using 'quality' ingredients that the original company built their company's name on.

I won't buy anything L'Oreal since they test on animals, but that's just me.

http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/news/loreal-buys-it-cosmetics/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for trying to help but I have no idea how to get it on here .Thanks again for reaching out

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@noodleann

What a sweet thing to offer to do for the OP, using your time and effort!

But then again, you're just like that!Heart

It's lunchtime, so you may take your tongue out of your cheek now, IG. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@tiggeerrific5 wrote:

Thank you for trying to help but I have no idea how to get it on here .Thanks again for reaching out

Let's not give up just yet, @tiggeerrific5. You need to have some idea of what's happening to your skin, and focusing on this product is a great place to start. Can you tell me where you bought this jar of Confidence in a Cream that you're using? I can go and find the ingredient deck and cut and past it here.

I do agree with the comment that sometimes it takes a while for a sensitivity to manifest itself, but who knows! At least this way we can all see if there's been a change to the product. I use the Confidence Cream, too, when I'm taking a break from Denese, but I've got the older stuff (keep it in the fridge) that'll run out some day, so I'd like to know as well.

Valued Contributor

It very well could be a change in ingredient or an allergic reaction. Another thought could be are you using too much product? I bounce between brands on a regular basis. My own personal belief that my skin reaches a plateau. When I use too much Confidence in a Cream, my face starts to peel and burn too. The same happens with some of my Philosophy products. I found it's usually because I am applying too much. Keep in mind many of the products we love have retinol and other anti-aging ingredients which can cause burning. I get concerned if I feel dry patches or peeling. When this happens on my face I know I am using too much product and need a lighter hand. 

Respected Contributor

@tiggeerrific5, don't feel bad about tossing the jar. It wouldn't have helped anyway, since it doesn't list the ingredients, I just discovered. They're on the box. I have one of the older ones, so as soon as you say where you got it, I'll whip out the magnifying glass and go to town.