Occasional Contributor

Good Over-50 Light Non-comedogenic Foundation or Tinted Moisturizer?

I am going to my son's outdoor wedding in a couple of months. I'm having trouble finding a light foundation that doesn't cake in my lines. I've tried quite a few and am wondering if any of you can suggest either a foundation or even a tinted moisturizer. I still have breakouts at my age, so would prefer it not to do that! Thanks everybody. Any and all suggestions would appreciated. The wedding will be outdoors preferably in the sun and I don't want to look like I'm caked with makeup! Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Over-50 Light Non-comedogenic Foundation or Tinted Moisturizer?

Have you tried using a primer under your current foundation? That would be my first suggesion. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I think I would have my makeup done professionally.

Just a thought...........

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about a professional do it. But if that isn't a option you could try the IT regular CC cream.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the IT CC cream, but only the "illumizer" version. It is wonderful! I personally didn't care for the regular IT CC cream. The trick is to avoid using too much product. Less is more, in my opinion. Have fun at the wedding!

Honored Contributor

Primer is a good suggestion because the primer fills in those fine lines so the foundation sits on your primer and not directly on your skin.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I'm 65.  I've been wearing Chanel Healthy Glow (Les Beiges) foundation for over a year.  I got a sample of it and then bought a bottle.  I love it.  Best foundation I've ever used.  It's very natural looking - makes my skin look really beautiful.  And young.  It's on the expensive side but well worth it.  The bottle has a pump - I use less than a full pump - it really lasts.  

Trusted Contributor

First let me start out saying I have, and continue, to try every new foundation that comes to market.

I have the same situation coming up in July.  My niece is getting married and the reception will be held outdoors.  With all the foundation pieces I have in my arsenal, I'm planning to use my Laura Mercier Flawless Fluide.  This foundation truly is a masterpiece in my opinion - it becomes one with the skin.  The finish is flawless, has magnificient staying power and the finish of it is divine.

Many shades to choose from, formula suggested for all skin types.  I am normal/oily and just love this - it's my summer go-to.  It is lightweight and comfortable on the skin even in the most humid, hot days.  I would definitely give this a try - good luck!

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

First let me start out saying I have, and continue, to try every new foundation that comes to market.

I have the same situation coming up in July.  My niece is getting married and the reception will be held outdoors.  With all the foundation pieces I have in my arsenal, I'm planning to use my Laura Mercier Flawless Fluide.  This foundation truly is a masterpiece in my opinion - it becomes one with the skin.  The finish is flawless, has magnificient staying power and the finish of it is divine.

Many shades to choose from, formula suggested for all skin types.  I am normal/oily and just love this - it's my summer go-to.  It is lightweight and comfortable on the skin even in the most humid, hot days.  I would definitely give this a try - good luck!

@fitfuninformed This one has been raved about, I am going to give it a try soon.......The reviews are pheneomenal!

Respected Contributor

I also have breakout prone skin, and IT CC cream does make me break out. Even though I love the coverage.

I reccomend the

Covergirl Readyset Gorgeous Founation.  It is oil free and doesn't clog pores.  You can see SariReanna's review on YouTube.