Trusted Contributor

IT Cosmetics and Foundations

I saw a presentation yesterday where Jaime took off her foundation and reapplied it, using item #A253488 - It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination with Brush. That demo was very persuasive Smiley Wink But I read the reviews and some complained that the product starts to look cakey and accentuates lines after it's on for awhile. What's the truth?

I'm mid fifties, dry skin now but use good skin care and moisturizers, and currently loving Laura Geller's Balance-N-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation. It really makes my overall face look much better but it doesn't "hide" my hyper pigmentation. I'm thinking of trying the IT foundation to see if it hides it.

Anyone have experience/good results using it for that and NOT getting a cakey look? And do you think I would still use the Balance and Brighten as a finishing powder?

TIA

KJPA
Super Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics and Foundations

I have vitiligo which is similar to hyperpigmentation in a way. Instead of getting dark spots my skin lost pigment and my dark spots are my normal skintone. It is very difficult to hide hyperpigmentation and believe me I had it down to a science. The first step is to work on the hyperpigmentation. ASDM Beverly Hills has products that help with this. There are several ladies on the ASDM post that have the problem and have been discussing what to use. When I had the spots I used concealers, eye primers (work fairly well), and I found a Korean product called Rivecowe BB that goes on white, lightens the spots and has long term whitening properties. It cut down on the amount of concealer I needed. BTW I am around your age. I have used B&B but didn't get coverage, I have used the It CF with illumination and without. It does cover a bit better but with both of them they can look heavy and cakey if you use to much. You could also try the It CC with the powder, using both lightly, that would probably work the best. I am a huge fan of Korean MU because they are years ahead of us. Missha products are wonderful and can be found on the Missha website, ebay or amazon. My favorite is Lioele Gel Foundation found at lioeletexasdotcom and ebay. It is a primer, concealer, foundation and powder in one and is buildable coverage. I also love HolikaHolika Magic Pore Cover Pact which is a compact powder that is finely milled, is buildable and coverage is excellent. Plus you can get it on ebay for 10.50 with free shipping. It is better than It, B&B, BE etc... It skims across flaws and does not settle in creases or pores, it actually gives you a poreless finish. I'm spotless right now but I had a chin issue recently and I brushed the powder on lightly then just used the puff on my issues and they were covered up very well. Sorry this is so long. Smile

Trusted Contributor

Thanks katluvr for taking the time to give such a thorough reply. I appreciate it and will look into those products as well.

KJPA
Super Contributor

I alternate b/t LG's Bal. & Brighten AND IT Cosmetics Illuminating Cel. Foundation. I have used the regular Cel. Foundation in the past; I might actually prefer that one...there is not a great deal of difference in the formulas...at least to me. The illuminating one does impart sort of a slight "glow" to your skin...but not glittery or shimmery. The IT foundations do give a bit more coverage than LG's.

I know some people don't understand using a CC cream AND foundation, but that's what I tend to do. I do a very light layer of IT CC cream (also have a couple more cc creams I use, depending on my "mood" or what kind of coverage I need) then dust a light layer of the Bal. and Brighten OR IT Cel. Foundation on top as a finishing powder. You do have to be careful not to put TOO much on (esp. when using both) or you might end up with it looking a little heavy. I do have OILY skin, though, so that might make a difference in how the products wear on my skin. I also have some hyperpigmentation, so I feel I need a bit more coverage. I hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

I don't have experience with Jamie's products or foundation. However, her foundation looks like it would be very heavy. Think about it. She made this with plastic surgeons to cover post op: bruises,stitches, redness, scars,etc.

Her credibility on her "Tight Line" mascara is really stretching the truth. No eyeliner on these models? I don't believe it. You can see a line around the inside lashes.

Sales pitch!

Valued Contributor

I love the original celebration foundation! At 45 I have a few wrinkles starting, but I have terrible redness. My skin is uneven in color even my neck...very blotchy and it works well covering it all. Some days I need to apply more, so it is build able without being cakey. And then I have noticed since exclusively using it, my skin blotching isn't as bad. Still there, but not as intense.
Super Contributor

I own both. I'm in my mid 50s and have the same uneven skintone, broken capillaries at the nose, and age spots but none of these are terrible. What I consider medium coverage, someone else might think is light coverage if they have severe age spots or acne marks or rosacea. Right?

I think both LG and IT offer about the same level of coverage. If you mist your brush, you will get fuller coverage with the LG.

Personally, I prefer the IT. I like the finish better, more natural on me, never powdery or cakey. Not the LB was bad, but for some reason the IT looks better on me. It's very easy to overdo it with the IT, though, depending on your brush. I always use a setting spray, I think that helps give it a less powdery finish. When I find I've accidentally overdone it, I dampen my Beauty Blender sponge, wring it out but not as much as usual, and bounce it all over.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Regular Contributor

I have had excellent results with her products. Tried 3 different foundations. Going with the CC cream for the summer for the sun protection. I am 66 and have wrinkles

Contributor

I prefer the IT celebration foundation over the LG B&B. I find it blends very well, and looks less powdery to me. It definitely covers redness on my cheeks. I have tried IT, LG, BE, and Laura Mercier. I'd have to say, most of the year, I prefer the IT (for powder foundations), except in the summer, when I like BE Matte as I am much more oily.

As for the tightline mascara--it really works. It puts a light line of mascara directly at the base of lashes and inbetween them to give you a nice tightlined look. I like it a lot.

Ellie

Super Contributor

The tightline mascara REALLY does work. Now I have pretty good lashes...but definitely not those really long lashes. The mascara does a fantastic job of getting the base of the lashes covered without clumping. With a couple of coats, it makes my lashes look great. Sometimes I'll just apply one coat kind of like a primer, then use another mascara on top depending what kind of look I'm going for. I have about three or four mascaras that I really like right now, and the IT Tightline is one of them!