Esteemed Contributor

Wonder if this happened to anyone?

I bought Elizabeth Arden Lip Treatment. It's supposed to moisturize and fill out your lips. Well, I applied it for about a week straight every evening. Nothing happened daily. Then, yesterday morning I woke up and my lips had ballooned out like you wouldn't believe. My lips are actually about three times their size. Today I am applying ice packs all day. Nothing seems to make them go down. Actually, they're not unattractive, but definitely do not look like my lips. Looks like I had work done.

Has anybody dealt with this and had success with getting them to go down.

Super Contributor

Re: Wonder if this happened to anyone?

Wow... that is awful. It sounds like it could be an allergic reaction. Can you take a benadryl? I had a reaction to Blistex, once. It is supposed to be great for chapped lips and it made my lips really red and itchy. I hope someone can give you some advice.

Michelle

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Mishell. I think I have some Benadryl I'll try. My lips are red and itchy, too. My lips are red and itchy, too. I wouldn't need lipstick. Actually, I keep looking at them b/c I can see what I look like with Angelina Jolie's lips. Smiley Happy I always wanted bigger lips, but this is insane. My lips are big and kind of stiff. Ice packs make them feel good.

Thanks again - I'll give Benadryl a shot. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Oh, wow. That does sound like an allergic reaction. I wonder why it didn't happen sooner? Or could it have been from something else? Maybe something you ate the night before or a different product that you might have just used?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I'd call the company and see if this reaction is normal.

Valued Contributor

I'd call a doc. Swelling in the face, especially the mouth can be dangerous. You could lose your airway. My son's lips did that when he was stung by a bee. Well, so did the rest of his body but, it always started with his lips.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/14/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Oh, wow. That does sound like an allergic reaction. I wonder why it didn't happen sooner? Or could it have been from something else? Maybe something you ate the night before or a different product that you might have just used?

I thought of that, but it can't be. I applied the lip plumper all around and on my lips. There's no swelling anywhere else but there. I, too, wondered why nothing happened sooner. That's just weird. Nothing happened, no plumping, nothing, no redness, no swelling, no itching. If I had had a reaction, I would have stopped. I just kept on applying night after night thinking the product was worthless. My lips are red and huge. I have that childlike curving up of the top lip.

My lips are so big, I hate to go ask the pharmacist, but I think I will. I'm pretty tough skinned, never having had a reaction to skin treatment. And I've eaten nothing different.

I'm putting ice packs on, but I'm also checking the mirror out liking my big lips. I always wanted large lips, but everyone will think I had injections. Smiley Happy I hope it doesn't kill me!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/14/2014 garmer said:

I'd call a doc. Swelling in the face, especially the mouth can be dangerous. You could lose your airway. My son's lips did that when he was stung by a bee. Well, so did the rest of his body but, it always started with his lips.

There's no swelling except lips. I think I'll ask the pharmacist if the swelling doesn't go down tonight. Then the doctor if he suggests.

Super Contributor

On 7/14/2014 taja123 said:

I thought of that, but it can't be. I applied the lip plumper all around and on my lips. There's no swelling anywhere else but there. I, too, wondered why nothing happened sooner. That's just weird. Nothing happened, no plumping, nothing, no redness, no swelling, no itching. If I had had a reaction, I would have stopped. I just kept on applying night after night thinking the product was worthless. My lips are red and huge. I have that childlike curving up of the top lip.

My lips are so big, I hate to go ask the pharmacist, but I think I will. I'm pretty tough skinned, never having had a reaction to skin treatment. And I've eaten nothing different.

I'm putting ice packs on, but I'm also checking the mirror out liking my big lips. I always wanted large lips, but everyone will think I had injections. Smiley Happy I hope it doesn't kill me!

I would take this seriously, I was recently at a restaurant & this man's that sat next to us lips swelled up so bad. My husband & I took him to the emergency room & they put him on anti-biotics, I believe. It could have been a delayed reaction to the cream or as Suzy said a food allergy. Forget the pharmacist, if it were me I would go straight to the emergency room. I wouldn't take a chance. Apparently, that man was allergic to pine nuts used in the pesto sauce he ordered. I am allerigic to menthol can't have it in my hair care or lips. The continued use of that product & which all plumpers have menthol is probably the culprit. Best WishesSmiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/14/2014 kabella said:
On 7/14/2014 taja123 said:

I would take this seriously, I was recently at a restaurant & this man's that sat next to us lips swelled up so bad. My husband & I took him to the emergency room & they put him on anti-biotics, I believe. It could have been a delayed reaction to the cream or as Suzy said a food allergy. Forget the pharmacist, if it were me I would go straight to the emergency room. I wouldn't take a chance. Apparently, that man was allergic to pine nuts used in the pesto sauce he ordered. I am allerigic to menthol can't have it in my hair care or lips. The continued use of that product & which all plumpers have menthol is probably the culprit. Best WishesSmiley Happy

Thanks, kabella. If it hasn't gone down somewhat by tomorrow, I probably will do just that. Looking up the menthol allergy. Thanks....