Trusted Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics and Foundations

I use the IT Celebration Foundation and really like it. I don't have skin issues that I need to cover, and because I prefer a lighter foundation, I just use one light coat. If I have ever been a bit heavier handed when I apply the foundation, I've not seen caking. I do know people who put it on heavier, and like and need that look. Am glad to read that there isn't a lot of difference between the regular Celebration foundation and the illuminating one as I almost bought the illuminating one last night.

Trusted Contributor

I personally think the illumination foundation is a bit deeper than the original. The medium in original is a tad light on me, and the tan is better but a touch too dark. I purchased tan in the illumination and returned it because it was very, very dark on me. So I returned it, went to ulta and tested to medium illumination which is perfect. I noted no glitter in it or shimmer. I'm now ordering it from Q to get the brush for a few dollars more!
Super Contributor

On 7/13/2014 CAshopper2011 said: I personally think the illumination foundation is a bit deeper than the original. The medium in original is a tad light on me, and the tan is better but a touch too dark. I purchased tan in the illumination and returned it because it was very, very dark on me. So I returned it, went to ulta and tested to medium illumination which is perfect. I noted no glitter in it or shimmer. I'm now ordering it from Q to get the brush for a few dollars more!

Glad you mentioned that...I think you're right. I used the Medium (Beige) in the original but used it all up, so I bought the medium in the Illuminating version. I had to return it...a little too dark. I exchanged for the Light in Illuminating.

I recently bought the Light in the Original Celebration thinking the formula might have changed (or my skin) but it is a bit too light. So I'll be returning it for the medium which is what I used to have. So I use LIGHT in one version but MEDIUM in another version...but basically the same foundation. I do wish she could make her foundation shades consistent and simpler to choose!!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much ladies! Your reviews are invaluable. I did get the IT CC and the illuminating foundation so I'll try both. Since I already have LG's B&B I'll be able to compare them all and mix/match Smiley Wink

I'll try to find this thread after I experiment and post my results. I don't have a lot of redness but I do have a couple of very dark spots, a little smaller than a dime. I hope some combination can minimize the look of those without being cakey!!

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

If you have an ULTA near you, you may want to go in for a makeover. Our store's associates are very helpful with application and suggestions. When I'm not sure about something, they always encourage me to try it on and wear it for the rest of the day before purchasing.

Super Contributor

I like the old Celebration better than the illuminating one...