Honored Contributor

is this more foundation or sunblock

I am looking for something wear mainly as a sunblock, I like 50 spf of this and moisturizer factor, but I don't really want too much of a foundation

do they have this at Ulta? might be worth checking the colors and ordering the supersize

Honored Contributor

The difference between BB and CC creams is subtle--CC generally stands for “color correcting” and the products are meant to address issues like redness or sallowness (usually with light-diffusing particles), whereas BB creams are like lighter foundation with a few skin care benefits thrown in. “CC cream is a color corrector and will be lighter on the skin [than a BB cream]

It has SPF but it is more than a sun block

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: IT CC question

[ Edited ]

It IT CC Cream is definitely more like a foundation than a sunscreen. It offers a lot of coverage and has the finish of a foundation. I also found it felt a little heavy for me and tacky to the touch without a powder over it.

Respected Contributor

I think the thing is that most makeups containing an SPF use a physical sun block rather than a chemical block (like  a sunscreen lotion, for instance). So, in order to get an SPF 50 in a makeup, it would have to have a substantial amount of coverage to achieve that high a level, IMO.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor
If your looking for mainly a sunblock this is not what your looking for. It is really a foundation with SPF.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the input, sounds like it's not what I am looking for

Honored Contributor

Ladies, please. Take it from someone w/ very fair skin who has had many "close calls" removed from my face, neck, etc. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER YOUR FOUNDATION HAS SPF OR NOT UNLESS YOU'RE PLANNING TO WEAR FOUNDATION ON YOUR EARS, NECK, BACK OF NECK, AND CHEST.....even in winter & even on rainy days. After applying SPF of least 40 all over (if you're not actually sitting in the sun), THEN put on foundation. At that point what SPF is in it doesn't really matter.

Respected Contributor

IT CC cream is the lightest weight foundation I've ever worn.  Great coverage!  Love it. 

Respected Contributor

The regular is pretty good protection. I got a very lightly burned with the Illuminated. However, since my moisturizer doesn't have a high SPF, it's another layer of protection and isn't heavy - love both formulas.

Super Contributor

I would definitely test it on your skin first. Unfortunately for me it caused my skin to break out badly.