Honored Contributor

I love my new Shark hair dryer.

[ Edited ]

I've always wanted the Dyson hair dryer, but the price wasn't getting any lower.  Then someone in the forum suggested the Shark version.  I had no idea they made one.  I just thought they stick with vacuums.  They did have one.  Got in at Amazon for $149.00.  Just as good as the Dyson (my sister has the Dyson) and it doesn't do two things.  It doesn't burn my hair or give my hair frizzes. Apparently Shark churns out their version of everything months after Dyson.  It's not super light.  The nozzle part is like all dryers....the only heavy part.  It has plenty of dials to decide the right combo of hot and cool.  I finally found the right combination.  Very happy I got this. This is the one I got.

Shark HD112PKBRN HyperAIR Fast-Drying Hair Blow Dryer with IQ 2-in-1 Concentrator and Styling Attachments, Auto Presets, R...

Honored Contributor

Re: I love my new Shark hair dryer.

I've heard good things about the shark hair dryer. My hair dryer need is simple since I wear a fairly messy med. short style but my shark handheld vacuum need is an important and heavy-duty one with two large hairy dogs in the house. I have three and one is in my Walker basket 24/7. I can't imagine what the house would look like if I didn't walk around with one of these things in my hand sucking up dog hair. I think QVC sells it too. two of mine came from Amazon and one came from Walmart at 50% off
Enjoy your hair dryer!
Respected Contributor

I was looking at the Shark HyperAir dryer at Costco. It looks like yours but also has a diffuser which I don't need. I have stick straight hair.  It's $139. 

My hairdresser uses a Dyson - it's super loud.

I have rarely dried my hair since Covid. May want to get back to it. Thanks for the review 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  I never even looked at the one in QVC.  I just popped over to Amazon and saw it. And got it.  Dyson has the name and the hair dryer IS sensational (I tried my sister's).....  But I'm glad I got the Shark.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@scatcat wrote:

I was looking at the Shark HyperAir dryer at Costco. It looks like yours but also has a diffuser which I don't need. I have stick straight hair.  It's $139. 

My hairdresser uses a Dyson - it's super loud.

I have rarely dried my hair since Covid. May want to get back to it. Thanks for the review 

I didn't need the defuser either.  I have good hair.  Straight, thick and dry.  Don't have to wash in frequently. Mine had an extra attachment with a brush.  I don't need to use it.  The Shark isn't super quiet either. This new technology makes some noise! 

Honored Contributor

I DO need a diffuser, and I'm rather picky about it.  I just use a Hot Tools dryer with the Black Orchid diffuser.  It's important to me that the diffuser posts have holes in them to deliver the air directly to the roots.  I do try to mostly air dry, but have to finish it up with the dryer & diffuser.  Only takes about 5 minutes drying time on the days I dont have the time to wait which would be after I have applied my makeup. 

My travel dryer, which is also the one i take to the hairdresser, has a neat diffuser that you can choose how much air goes to the posts vs how much comes out the bowl.  

Trusted Contributor

@songbird  thanks I'll look into the Shark dryer.  My old hair stylist bought it when it first came out.  He did not stick with it, said it didn't get the job done right.  He used it once on me and I never saw it again. 

This sounds like a much better price point too than the dyson.

I don't see anyone in my current salon using one either since I moved.

I have babyliss at home now.