Regular Contributor

Recommendations for ways to keep lower lash line eye liner from smudging

No matter what brand of eye liner I use on my lower lash line, high end or drug store, it always smears. How can I prevent this? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for ways to keep lower lash line eye liner from smudging

@Glorimar wrote:

No matter what brand of eye liner I use on my lower lash line, high end or drug store, it always smears. How can I prevent this? 

@Glorimar 

@Shanus    very generously shares "secrets" of the beauty professionals!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I use Laura Geller's kajal liners and they do not smear and stay all day. They are the only liners that I have ever used that stay on.
Honored Contributor

@Glorimar I have found using a waterproof eyeshadow stick (Mally or Bobbi Brown) to slightly line under the lashes first then a waterproof eyeliner on top of that or tightline above it works well for me.  I have never had any smearing.

Honored Contributor

I feel a tight line around my eyes is unattractive. I prefer to purposefully smudge my eyeliner making it look smokey. A much better look for me.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Glorimar   If you use a lid primer, using a small pointy bush, apply a narrow line of this primer under the eye where the liner would go and let dry berore putting on liner.

I usually prefer a powder shadow or waterproof shadow stick under the eyes. If you use another type of liner, try setting it w/ a shadow in the same shade.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I feel a tight line around my eyes is unattractive. I prefer to purposefully smudge my eyeliner making it look smokey. A much better look for me.

@ID2   ITA that a darker or wide line all around eyes can be aging and overdone. I tightline on top into the lashes and smudge as you said...but no actual liner on top lid. I rarely use liner on the bottom, just a thin sweep of shadow...my transition or crease shade.

Honored Contributor

Apply your primer right up under your lower lash-line. That will help keep things in place.

Trusted Contributor

Are any of the products you use around your eyes oil based? This will cause smearing.

Respected Contributor

@Glorimar I do as @Shanus pointed out and go over the liner with a matching eyeshadow. Makes it last all day for me.