Super Contributor

Re: I know some people have said they lose hair with Wen..........

My Wen and hair loss experience..guess what..Wen has slowed my hair loss! Woo hoo!

Since 2010 I had used WEN off and on doing only a single cleanse and never getting stellar results so I went back and forth between WEN and shampoo/conditioner forever.

I had my son April 2012. Like most mothers, around 10 weeks postpartum my hair started to shed like crazy. For a good four months my bathroom floor was a hair graveyard. Just horrible.

It finally started to shed less around 6 months postpartum. Slowly it recovered, but soon after I decided it was time to lose some weight. I lost 40 lbs in 6 months and here again, the shock to my body resulted in a crazy hair loss.

I stopped losing weight last October..I thought my hair would recover once I stopped dropping pounds..not so much. While I wasn't losing hair AS fast, it was still coming out in the shower as well as all over our bathroom floor after styling. My husband would just keep swiffering daily to keep up with my losses.

I decided in April to REALLY give WEN a fighting chance. I had quite a stockpile from the past years and finally tried the cleanse, rinse, repeat (using half the total recommended pumps for each cleanse).

WOW! In just a few months my hair has changed AND our bathroom floor is MUCH cleaner these days! I can hardly believe it myself. My hair is changing for the good and in doing oil scalp treatments 2-3x/week things are going my way.

The whole reason for sharing my story tonight: I was doing my usual nighttime routine, but my husband was taking longer than usual and caught me putting the TT oil in my hair..he said, "so this is why you've been using the towel on your pillow?" to which I replied, "yep, and have you noticed how few hairs you've found on the floor in the past month?"..he honestly stood there with his mouth open realizing how little he'd had to clean recently. "And this is what's helping??"

He wants me to never stop using it haha. But it really is making THAT big of a difference..FOR ME! I hope other women will benefit as much as I have. My hair hasn't looked this good since I was a kid. WEN for life.

Respected Contributor

On 10/8/2014 ID2 said:

I think its because your scalp ends up suffocating from not getting clean.

Another Wen hater making a ridiculous claim about Wen. Have you ever tried it? I have been using Wen since August, 2013 and my hair has never been in better condition. It is annoying to read these ridiculous statements about Wen from many who have never even used it.

Respected Contributor

On 10/7/2014 seagrl21 said:

IMO its due to how you apply WEN. Unlike normal shampoos you rake the product through your hair with your fingers or a comb. Shedding would happen with normal shampoo if you applied it the same & raked it through your hair. Never combed regular shampoo through hair before WEN, so it looks like there is less shedding with a normal shampoo. WEN actually helped with after shedding because, while I shed more hair in the shower, shed a lot less later. No longer find hair all over my house.

This! I used to pick hair off myself all day long...now the only loose hairs on me are the cat's!

Respected Contributor

On 10/8/2014 okiebug said:
On 10/8/2014 ID2 said:

Then all homeless people should be bald.

okiebug!!!!

Valued Contributor

On 10/8/2014 ID2 said:

Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Its MY opinion that uninformed opinions are worthless, however.

Esteemed Contributor

First I want to state,I am a WEN gal since Chaz came to the Q

Actually ,I think people are loosing hair from either seasonal loss and we do shed like the animals do, or from bleaching their hair and drying it out so it breaks off.

Wen gets your scalp clean,it is silly to say it doesn't.just because it doesn't foam up (it does for me) doesn't mean it isn't cleansing.It is NOT smothering your scalp........lol

I do think maybe there is too much menthol in most of the products and I wish he would remove it.

Chaz said in his early days that when you are seeing falling out is your dried out ends that are breaking off.You are NOT going bald .Continued use of WEN will end that problem as your hair gets healthy.

I get a lot of seasonal fallout every year but it stops quickly and I'm good to go for the rest of the yr until next season.

I agree,WEN may not be good for everyone, and maybe WEN does cause someones hair to fall out,but I really don't know why it should. I think some just get frightened and give up too soon.You decide for yourself, no one can tell you what your hair will or will not do.

I do admit ,I am a bit hesitant to give my son his birthday present of WEN 613 for Men..lol.. on a/d no less...lol...he had a hair transplant yrs ago and if his should start to fall out I would die...lol....I forgot about that when I bought it for him...lol I'm tempted not to give it to him and get him a gift card instead...lol

Valued Contributor

Wen is a hair product. Some think it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. Some think it’s nothing special. Some really don’t like what it does to their hair. Some have experienced hair loss, scalp itching, and/or other problems. Like any product for sale, you can decide for yourself if you like it and want to use it or if you don’t like it and don’t want to use it. It’s really that simple! It’s a hair product for sale. The end.

Trusted Contributor

I had issues with all of the standard varieties but I've been using 613 for the past month and haven't had a problem with it so far. With the standard varieties my scalp would start to i**tching maybe about 10 days into using it, then my scalp would get painful and then the excessive hair would fall out. So far, I am not having the same reaction with 613. I know some people think that menthol is a problem but 613 has menthol too. And many shampoos and conditioners specifically made for people experiencing thinning hair have menthol in them such as Nioxin. I thought it may have been aloe vera as I had a similar reaction when I used Europa shampoos and they are predominantly aloe vera. But 613 has aloe vera in it too. Some posters have said they thought it was caused by too many high levels of essential oils, that the oils clogged the follicles which could be a good theory. I'm not certain exactly what the cause is. I do have hair fallout with any line, that's normal as we all loose up to 100 hairs per day. But I am not experiencing excessive fall out or an irritated, painful scalp with 613 so far so I am going to keep my fingers crossed!

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

On 10/7/2014 seagrl21 said:

IMO its due to how you apply WEN. Unlike normal shampoos you rake the product through your hair with your fingers or a comb. Shedding would happen with normal shampoo if you applied it the same & raked it through your hair. Never combed regular shampoo through hair before WEN, so it looks like there is less shedding with a normal shampoo. WEN actually helped with after shedding because, while I shed more hair in the shower, shed a lot less later. No longer find hair all over my house.

nope! for me it's a reaction to the menthol. I didn't just have some extra hair coming out, I had huge hunks coming out and noticeable bald spots. It only happens when I use Wen. I don't use any shampoos or conditioners that contain menthol.

Respected Contributor

People are probably allergic to something in it. I had a a massive reaction to tea tree. My skin turned red as a lobster